hiren43 Posted September 15, 2014 Posted September 15, 2014 i'm from india, a computer student. i wanna learn mobile app development as i will be appearing for interview soon. i'm confused if i should go to Android app dev. or iOS. In india, there are plenty of android users than iPhone users. does this really mean that i will have better future in Android app development?
elsiegee40 Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 (edited) wow! no reply. edugeek sucks. @hiren43 The vast majority of posters on edugeek live in the UK. The time difference between us and you means that we are just getting out of bed and eating breakfast. Please be patient... and polite....and then hopefully the people who can answer your question will be awake. Edited September 16, 2014 by elsiegee40
hiren43 Posted September 16, 2014 Author Posted September 16, 2014 yeah.. buy what i see is an eye symbol with more than 50 counts. doesn't that mean that those people have opened my question?
elsiegee40 Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 (edited) yeah.. buy what i see is an eye symbol with more than 50 counts. doesn't that mean that those people have opened my question? It doesn't mean that they know the answer. Or that the people who have looked even have edugeek accounts; they may simply be visitors. I have been into your thread 3 or 4 times myself without posting. I know nothing about app development. My advice is to do the one that suits you. However, India is a massive market in world terms, so if android is the majority phone then it would make sense to start with that. I used to be a programmer and I can tell you that learning one type of coding is only the start. You will be programming using something completely different by the end of your career and iOS and android may well not exist by then. I started out programming on mainframe computers with punch cards, PCs were not available and and there were no cellphones. Like everyone else my age on here I have been through a lot of change. Having learned programming for one type of device, it is relatively straightforward to transfer those skills to a different one. You will never stop learning in your career. Edited September 16, 2014 by elsiegee40
3s-gtech Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 Good way to ingraciate yourself! The reason no one had replied, other than the time difference, is because the obvious answer is 'both'. In industry, you'd need the skills to switch between them.
abillybob Posted September 16, 2014 Posted September 16, 2014 +1 @3s-gtech both of them are popular and really you should be understanding how to use both! Cant do any harm! @hiren43 a little tip if you want people to help you, be polite and patient it's not good practice to come onto a site for help and then ridicule the members and the site itself.
mikecampbell Posted September 17, 2014 Posted September 17, 2014 Also, you asked exactly the same question on April 18th and got a plethora of responses.
dhicks Posted September 18, 2014 Posted September 18, 2014 i'm from india, a computer student. i wanna learn mobile app development as i will be appearing for interview soon. My guess would be that Android is likely to have a larger market share than iOS in India - Google's recent release of the Android One rather implies it intends to aim for a large number of smartphone users. I'd target Android as a platform first, but I'd still prefer browser-based development over native code development. Develope your web-based application first as a single-page app, i.e. one HTML file with a bunch of JavaScript code in making Ajax calls to a well-defined server-side API, then if you need to develope a native code client (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) for performance you have a ready-made API all ready to hook it up to. I'm not sure what phone-based broadband / wireless access is like in Inida, but I get the impression it's patchy in places, so learning about modern browser's / JavaScript's offline capabilities is probably a good idea.
hiren43 Posted December 11, 2014 Author Posted December 11, 2014 Sorry guys for not being polite earlier
hiren43 Posted December 11, 2014 Author Posted December 11, 2014 My guess would be that Android is likely to have a larger market share than iOS in India - Google's recent release of the Android One rather implies it intends to aim for a large number of smartphone users. I'd target Android as a platform first, but I'd still prefer browser-based development over native code development. Develope your web-based application first as a single-page app, i.e. one HTML file with a bunch of JavaScript code in making Ajax calls to a well-defined server-side API, then if you need to develope a native code client (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) for performance you have a ready-made API all ready to hook it up to. I'm not sure what phone-based broadband / wireless access is like in Inida, but I get the impression it's patchy in places, so learning about modern browser's / JavaScript's offline capabilities is probably a good idea. Well its too late i'm replying. I have decided to learn iOS. I don't have time to learn and create server side API as i'll be joining classes within 2 days. Gotta start from the scratch by learning objective C. I only have 4 months to learn and develop an app. Do you think it would be enough for a guy like me? I learned C before, not familiar with objective C.
dhicks Posted December 11, 2014 Posted December 11, 2014 Well its too late i'm replying. I have decided to learn iOS. You might want to consider Swift instead of Objective-C: https://developer.apple.com/swift/ If you're starting from scratch it might be an easier language to get going with.
hiren43 Posted December 11, 2014 Author Posted December 11, 2014 You might want to consider Swift instead of Objective-C: https://developer.apple.com/swift/ If you're starting from scratch it might be an easier language to get going with. Hey. I just came back from a company. I have decided to create 'sales boost' application. And i will have to create web service like you said server side API, and then native code. In this application, there two users: sales manager and sales persons. Sales manager can handle and watch over all the activities each sales person doing. Like howmany customers he got, how many was just interested. All the information sales manager can view. As sir told me, I will have to create wcf web service in .Net
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now