nathan Posted August 26, 2014 Posted August 26, 2014 I've been away for a couple of weeks getting married and i've come back to one of our virtual machines fallen over. When i try to start it i get an error saying; "Failed to open attachment.... Error:"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". Is there a way i can repair the AVHD?
DazzaDog Posted August 26, 2014 Posted August 26, 2014 There are a few things you can try. 1) Restore from a backup - I presume you have one or 2)Use Microsoft's VHD Tool and repair the VHD or 3)Google will also give you a few other possibilities. Darryn
the_dude Posted August 26, 2014 Posted August 26, 2014 I recently had this happen. I'm guessing you don't have a backup or you wouldn't be posting this. I found that I was able to mount the vhd on my windows 8 pc and then I was able to scan it with GetDataBack for NTFS by Runtime Software to recover the data in the drive. Microsoft's tool did not work for me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now