Michael Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 Hello all, I'm making some progress with SharePoint online, but still have a few questions hopefully someone can help with!? Firstly I've noticed you can now hide the Newsfeed and Sites tabs at the top right. To do this, navigate to Admin > SharePoint > Settings. Here you can select to hide them, so it only shows OneDrive, along with Outlook, Calendar and People tabs! There are some nice clear menus along the top, including New, Upload, Sync etc... but is there anyway to include the Recycle Bin directly here, instead of going through menus at the top? Also how can I create a generic Staff Common area, so users with permission can add/edit/remove files etc... Many thanks! 1
Haptic Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 Hi Michael It's only 5 mins work, if you want to call we can do it (FOC) To add a recycle bin you need to grab an icon and some javascript PM us for deets. Joe
Chrish5 Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 Maybe you could post the instructions for others anyway (mainly the staff common area bit)
Haptic Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 Would that it were so easy Mon Amie. There's no hard fast rule in play as it's all depends on settings, I'll be sure to add Office 365 tips and tricks to our blog posts on the website over the coming weeks Joe
Davit2005 Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 Hello all, I'm making some progress with SharePoint online, but still have a few questions hopefully someone can help with!? Firstly I've noticed you can now hide the Newsfeed and Sites tabs at the top right. To do this, navigate to Admin > SharePoint > Settings. Here you can select to hide them, so it only shows OneDrive, along with Outlook, Calendar and People tabs! Thanks @Michael I've been looking for this for ages. I seem to remember Live@EDU used to be so easy when it came to putting an image in the Top Bar.
Michael Posted May 23, 2014 Author Posted May 23, 2014 Thanks @Michael I've been looking for this for ages. I seem to remember Live@EDU used to be so easy when it came to putting an image in the Top Bar. I think the difference being Live@Edu was just Exchange and nothing more, whereas now it's a group of technologies, all sort of working together. Microsoft still have a lot of work to do in terms of simplifying the admin console. As I say, a lot of good work has been done - but it's very clear it's aimed at Business and not Education. It would be easy enough for Microsoft to give us the relevant options in the admin console.
Davit2005 Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 As I say, a lot of good work has been done - but it's very clear it's aimed at Business and not Education. It would be easy enough for Microsoft to give us the relevant options in the admin console. Agree, I've currently got a call open relating to the fact that normal users when they click on their Outlook link in the top bar they lose the OneDrive link, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing that issue, admin users see the OneDrive link when they in Outlook.
EduMaster Posted May 23, 2014 Posted May 23, 2014 I have just seen this on linkedIn thoughts anyone? "Summer madness! For a limited time you can get our award winning SharePoint Cloud learning platform for a weekly per user price from only 10p! Contact us for a free no-obligation trial and get a copy of our LP+ ADOPT book free"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now