ndavies Posted October 31, 2007 Posted October 31, 2007 Anyone done it yet? Issues, problems? Finally, when does it have to be done by? Not looking forward to it..but I said that about the SIMS migration and that was easy peasy ;-0 Thanks Nick
tech_guy Posted October 31, 2007 Posted October 31, 2007 Our SIMS/FMS support at the LEA had pencilled us in for the FMS upgrade this week but so far there is nothing on Solus yet so we're a tad confused. We were supposed to receive an upgrade walkthrough as well but we haven't had that either so it doesn't augur well.
steve Posted November 3, 2007 Posted November 3, 2007 Lots of info here: http://www.capitasolus.co.uk/ReleaseNotes/FMS/FMS691_Installation_and_Migration_Guide.pdf Migration date depends on how you use FMS.
robknowles Posted November 3, 2007 Posted November 3, 2007 Hello, I did the FMS Upgrade yesterday afternoon. Took about 3 hours to do but was fairly easy enough - you just need to be careful. Basically when you download 2.85 from Solus 2.91 is also downloaded and stored in a folder called FMS in the setups directory. Literally it was reconcile 2.85 and backup. Install 2.91 on the server, attach the blank fms database and create a fmsconnect.ini file. Then run a database fix file (you must contact your support people for this), dbvalid and then migrate. Once that is done, setup the user's access permissions again and then reconcile it and compare with the other reconcilation figures. The only issue I ran into was that I couldn't attach the blank database to remote (dedicated) SQL Server (and I didn't want to install FMS on the database server), so I setup a local install of SQL Server Express 2005 for the time being and then I can contact Capita at a later date to move the database across. Apart from that worked great - and I'm glad to get rid of SQL Anywhere. Rob
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now