tech_guy Posted November 6, 2007 Posted November 6, 2007 Hey, excellent news! Well done on getting the job.
plock Posted November 6, 2007 Posted November 6, 2007 Well done once again - sorry, on a side note, what professional qualifications do you have? If you don't mind me asking. Cheers Oh, good luck for Monday's start!
plock Posted November 6, 2007 Posted November 6, 2007 It's not a bad route to take - I did the same. Although I did complete my A Levels. Now currently studying for the MCSE - would like to then move onto the CCNA. Hope you like the new job.
maniac Posted November 6, 2007 Posted November 6, 2007 It's not a bad route to take - I did the same. Although I did complete my A Levels. Now currently studying for the MCSE - would like to then move onto the CCNA. Hope you like the new job. I did the same, finished at 'A' levels, got a job and worked my way up to where I am now and hopefully beyond in the future! Also thinking about some professional qualifications at the moment. Mike.
Ayaz Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 I sat on the interview panel last year when my old school was recruiting for a technician. It really opened my eyes on the interview process having only been the interviewee before. After asking the technical questions I gave them a task to do on a spare 2003 box. There is a user called Joe Black who is complaining that he can not access the files in the share ‘server1\staffonly’. Give him access to the files and explain your actions. I didn’t think the task was that hard but not one of the candidates could do the task. It makes you think! I prob. will make an arse out of myself but is this one way of doing it. goto the staffonly folder, right click, properties, make sure everyone is allowed access to the share permission. in the ntfs permission, add joe black to the allowed users, and give him the neccasary right (full control, modify, etc.)?
russdev Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Semi correct While correct would have given access better way (maybe this is what you are getting at not quite dictated it right) Check file to see what user groups have access say there is group there called "staff users". Then make sure joe black is part of the staff users group. Key here is that it is staff only and if did it for each user could have lot of users so using groups is better option. Also you get bonus points for saying that would check to make sure that user is a staff user. Russ
Ayaz Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 yeah thats sort of what i was getting at. but i thought we are only dealing with joe black here. say joe black is a member of group called "a". theres another user called joe bloggs whos also a member of the same group. u dont want joe bloggs to have access. if u add group a to the allowed users, you have given joe black access but also to joe bloggs.
browolf Posted March 3, 2008 Posted March 3, 2008 I think you need to be able to rationalise how you would prioritise your workload when you have 10 jobs on your desk and all the people are telling you theirs is the most important. After 10 yrs, what mood im in is as good a rationale anything else the backup's failed/server broke, never mind that, 30 kids are loosing 1 hr's education from their life etc.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now