Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

@nickbro

 

Hi Nick, great job on HAP+ v10.

 

Just a quick one, I have run the latest HAP.sql to add the tables for the help desk but it seems to have cleared all my tracker/web tracker events during the process.

 

I took a backup of my database before I upgraded so can restore the data, but is the script supposed to clear all the tables?

Posted

@nickbro

 

Just had a quick look through the SQL and it seems to be missing the NOT before EXISTS in the below statement which is what then drops the table.

 

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[WebTrackerEvents]    Script Date: 03/12/2011 17:44:19 ******/
IF  EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[WebTrackerEvents]') AND type in (N'U'))
DROP TABLE [dbo].[WebTrackerEvents]
GO

Posted
Yep, missed that line, I've removed it, done some thing cleanups to that script, and updated the release. If you've remove the lines then you don't need to do anything else as the script is the same.
Posted

Cheers Nick,

 

Sorry to be a pain as well but I've done the complete upgrade with the latest HAP+ v10.0, HAP+ v10.1, booking system and help desk v4, all of the upgrades have been completed, my HAP.sql has been run and I have changed the provider="SQLConnectionString" in HapConfig.xml file but when I click Migrate to SQL in the help desk, nothing seems to happen and it continues to use the XML file. Any Ideas?

Posted

I've just gone into the database and checked the three new tables and there is no information in any of them. It also still shows the option to migrate to SQL which I presume will disappear once it is using SQL as it did with the tracker.

 

I've removed the tickets.xml and I receive the error 'Could not find file '\App_Data\Tickets.xml'.'

Posted (edited)

Have replace with the latest Help Desk update and now get the below error, the help desk is also no longer showing any of my tickets but they are still in the file tickets.xml

 

Help Desk SQL error.png

Edited by Paul-K
Incorrect Information
Posted

I'm at the "invalid column name Hide" error that @Paul-K reported above.. but i can't quite understand the solution..

 

Not quite sure what i've done wrong.. I grabbed the v10 Final, then updated with the v10.1 Update and finally added the Help Desk v4 files.

Which file should i be replacing and with which version?

 

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Posted

@mattgrimley

 

Hi Matt, you will need to use the HAP.sql file from the HAP+ Web Core v10.1 Update, this is the latest one which includes the column called hide in the note table. I would recommend dropping the three tables that have been created, Note, NoteFiles and Tickets providing that they are empty and running the HAP.sql again as it will error otherwise. You will need to delete these in a specific order as they depend on each other, I believe I did NoteFiles, Note then Tickets. I also took a backup of my HAP database to be sure but didn't need it.

 

Hope this helps

  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...