plock Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 Anybody managed to get this up and running with an SQL database? My MS Access one continues to fall over!
markcuk Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 we have been using this since september using ms access database fantastic and free mark
plock Posted October 19, 2007 Author Posted October 19, 2007 Indeed - a brilliant system, if only I could get it to bloody work with SQL! Does everyone else have the problem with the MS Access Database continuously falling over randomly?
gh256 Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 Yes we do, like if 4 people go or when the booking rush is on when the slots are opened it crashes every 2 mins or less and have to restart IIS service. Apartt from that its great and we love it.
Scotmk Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 Indeed - a brilliant system, if only I could get it to bloody work with SQL! Does everyone else have the problem with the MS Access Database continuously falling over randomly? Nope, works great over here, never crash once.
plock Posted October 19, 2007 Author Posted October 19, 2007 Nope, works great over here, never crash once. Umm... don't suppose you've made any special amendments to the coding? What platform are you running it on? IIS? Cheers
imullings Posted October 20, 2007 Posted October 20, 2007 Server 2003 is a lot better at managing access than 2000, (are you using 2000?). The system will work on MSSQL but upgrades could be a problem so I don’t support it at the moment. Version 4 is planed to support Access, MSSQL and MySQL but I haven’t done any work on it for months. I have been consecrating on our Moodle VLE and doing lighting and sound for our resent production of Grease. Version 4 was planed for September this year but I will have to some serious coding to hit that target. Glad you like the system. Ian Mullings Devizes School ITSupport Booking System VLE School Web Site
gh256 Posted October 20, 2007 Posted October 20, 2007 On Windows server 2003 here, still have the problems
plock Posted October 21, 2007 Author Posted October 21, 2007 On Windows server 2003 here, still have the problems Me too! @imullings - I'm planning on starting with a fresh SQL Database and so forth. Could you provide any documentation/quick guides to get this setup and functioning? Cheers
plock Posted October 23, 2007 Author Posted October 23, 2007 Ok, I've setup the booking system with a clean install, now it comes to the database bit! I'm going to manually create the SQL database completly copying all tables and stuctures from the Access Database. Has anyone got any templates on their setup in the DatabasePath.asp when linking to the SQL database? Cheers
mrforgetful Posted October 23, 2007 Posted October 23, 2007 Sorry to hijack the thread but, where can I get this?
plock Posted October 23, 2007 Author Posted October 23, 2007 No worries, you can download this from here: http://folders.devizes.wilts.sch.uk/download/bookingsystem3/index.asp
plock Posted October 25, 2007 Author Posted October 25, 2007 Ok, now i'm stuck! I have manually created the database, in SQL. I have put the information in, I.E. user, database name and so forth... Anybody aware of what I need to put in the database path when linking to an SQL database? Cheers!
erman Posted November 26, 2007 Posted November 26, 2007 Hi Sorry for hijacking this thread but does anyone know if this can work on a RM network?
imullings Posted November 27, 2007 Posted November 27, 2007 Yes it works well on a rm network even over easylink. Ian Mullings Devizes School IT Support Devizes School Online Booking System
plock Posted December 13, 2007 Author Posted December 13, 2007 Ian, Thanks for your help previously; I'm sorry I've not been in touch to continue our investigation to the SQL Database connection problem. Things are manic here at the Academy! I have a slightly different problem now; the changes we made over the phone previously have caused the system to run more stable. However, when the system falls over, not as often, but when it does, the database connection isn't the error. Staffs’ are presented with a completely blank screen instead. Do you know what this may be? Thanks in advance!
plock Posted January 7, 2008 Author Posted January 7, 2008 Sorry to drag up an old thread, I have a slight issue with the system constantly falling over. When any changes are made to the system it causes IIS to fall over, requiring a manual stop and start of IIS.
plock Posted January 7, 2008 Author Posted January 7, 2008 Just to follow up, I'm now getting this message once IIS is restarted. Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005' Header Error /active2/bookingsystem/start/Settings.asp, line 1093 The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.
Domino Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 have you thought about switching over to craigs CRBS system...? Been bloody brilliant for us http://classroombookings.com/
plock Posted January 7, 2008 Author Posted January 7, 2008 @ Domino - I did look into this system before hand; I forget now why it didn't fit our needs completely, maybe two week timetable? Perhaps split days, whereby upper school and lower school have different times for different periods. Not totally sure, but there was a good reason why that wasn't quite ideal. Cheers
Guest kerlj001 Posted March 2, 2008 Posted March 2, 2008 Does anyone using the Devizes Booking System v3, know how to amend the ASP to email the confirmation page. I know Ian Mullings is working on v4 which I believe will incorporate this feature BUT we have heavily modified v3 and are happy with this version TIA Jdy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now