mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 Has anyone installed the new ALAN exam software in an ISA enviornment, I can't seem to get it working. I get to the part when I need to log into the Enterprise SiteManager but I just get an wrong password error. It seems that the program is not accessing the internet via our proxy?
rush_tech Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 I don't have a ISA server, but is the proxy server configured see attachment. Thought I'd ask If all is configured OK then there help line is very good.
mrforgetful Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 I have it running in an ISA environment. Ours is set to not use a Proxy server and works fine. For reference if Internet Explorer is set to not use a Proxy then the internet would not work.
plexer Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 Are you typing your username in using all upper case and password as all lower case? If not try that. Ben
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 I have tried all the usual things, password, proxy address etc in both cases. I have also tried it without proxy button set and it doesn't work. There technical support line isn't much help as well.
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 This is all am getting, the settings in configuration are totally correct.
Ric_ Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 I was installing this yesterday and had the same problem. I ended up allowing the server with that software on straight through ISA without requiring authentication. This seemed to do the trick. Tech support also had a few things to check such as permissions on the share and that the registry entries had been written correctly.
plock Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 The permissions on the 'C:\Program Files' also were an issue for me, the accounts accessing the software needed 'Full Control' over the application directory.
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 @Ric_ Tech support checked the registry with me, and that seems to be fine. How would I go about setting up a similar thing here to allow straight through access? is it a rule in ISA?
Ric_ Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 You want something like 'allow all outbound traffic from a particular computer for anybody' The rule will probably need to be fairly high in the firewall policy. Does that make sense?
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 Yeah I have done that, but it still doesn't work.
spc-rocket Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 Hi, We have the new verison of the software setup and the server doesn't hav any issues and its working fine via isa server (2004). The server is a secureNAT client and does not have any firewall client installed on it. The rule does authenticate but the user logged into the server has access to the net. Sometime developers will not use the proper way of negotiating things proxy servers and this is what sometime issues like this happen. Ric is correct, create a rule (to test this out) at the top of the rules and allow HTTP, HTTPS FROM the exam server (you will need to create a computer object for this) TO External network and leave the users on All Users (anonoymous). See if this solves the issues. Also check that your HTTP deep packet inspection section has not got any filters or extentions block i.e. HTTP signatures, payload etc. If the above works then there is some issues with the user authentication if it doesn't then the issue doesn't seem to be isa. HTH, Ash.
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 @ashok Still nothing. The server will happily get out on the internet just not via this program.
mrtechsystems Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 wow guys I thought I had the only problem I am getting the same I think I will update the software and try out I got ISA 2004 aswell so keep posting :-) nice to seeya all
mullet_man Posted October 17, 2007 Author Posted October 17, 2007 @mrtechsystems Am giving up for tonight, am going home. Dept head was wanting to do exams this friday but its not gonna happen if I can't get it working. Thanks guys for all your suggestions!!! Ste.
spc-rocket Posted October 17, 2007 Posted October 17, 2007 Hiya, Have you looked at the monitoring section and under loggin what does the live logging display. in order to narrow it down the server you can use the Client IP and use the exact option and enter the IP address of the exam server. Then start the query and try to login using the exam software and see what ISA is up to. You can enable different columns to be shown and it may tell you how isa is handling the request and if there are any errors or other rules that are blocking or causing it to fail. Ash.
mullet_man Posted October 18, 2007 Author Posted October 18, 2007 Am looking into the log, and I don't seem to be getting anything, its like its not even trying to access the internet.
mrtechsystems Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 Well I am going to try it this morning to see if I can get any where with this good luck................
spc-rocket Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 If you're struggling give a me call and i'll check out configuration and rules for this. PM with your number. Ash.
mullet_man Posted October 18, 2007 Author Posted October 18, 2007 Ashok, thanks for the offer, but I got it working now. I uninstalled IIS, and then reinstalled the software, and that seemed to do the trick just need to learn how to use the updated software. Thanks again for your help guys. Stevo.
DMcCoy Posted October 18, 2007 Posted October 18, 2007 Erm, I'm sure it tells you not to put it on a server *with iis* on it in the instructions
plexer Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 Dunno about that as I ain't go the instructions yet but if you have iis installed you just need to stop any web sites that are running on port 80. You can just change the port number if you need to keep an iis site running. Ben
DMcCoy Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 "Ensure that IIS (Internet Information Server) is NOT running on the machine designated for the Enterprise SiteManager application. This application can be installed on any PC machine." Just got to phone to do the practise test here.
plexer Posted October 19, 2007 Posted October 19, 2007 Well I have it installed on a server with IIS and the only issue with it not running at first was due to the default website still running. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now