Arthur Posted April 10, 2014 Posted April 10, 2014 Weird, won't let me do it. Do you have the latest version of 7-zip installed?
FN-GM Posted April 10, 2014 Author Posted April 10, 2014 Yep, freshly downloaded this morning (9.20).
Arthur Posted April 10, 2014 Posted April 10, 2014 Yep, freshly downloaded this morning (9.20). Perhaps the latest alpha version would be better? (v9.32)
FN-GM Posted April 10, 2014 Author Posted April 10, 2014 Some progress! I have installed that version I can open the WIM. I have deleted some folders it won't let me delete anymore. Argh!
Arthur Posted April 10, 2014 Posted April 10, 2014 Some progress! I have installed that version I can open the WIM. I have deleted some folders it won't let me delete anymore. Argh! IIRC, 7-Zip can only view the contents of .wim files. You would still need to use PowerShell or DISM to modify the image.
FN-GM Posted April 10, 2014 Author Posted April 10, 2014 Ah second crack at this and its letting me remove stuff. DISM inst working as it says the apps are already remove (did that before capturing the image).
FN-GM Posted April 10, 2014 Author Posted April 10, 2014 This is sending me crazy! After I deleted the folder, the SCCM TS errors out when applying the OS.
jaminben Posted April 10, 2014 Posted April 10, 2014 @beany1 Thanks for these two lines.. they work great Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online Get-AppXPackage | Remove-AppxPackage
JamesA Posted April 11, 2014 Posted April 11, 2014 I'd delete the contents if there are any rather than the folder. If there was something under WindowsApps, did you log on using a domain account before capturing the image? On my 8.1 deployment test machine it only populated the folder after I logged into the domain.
FN-GM Posted April 11, 2014 Author Posted April 11, 2014 did you log on using a domain account before capturing the image Nope, the image was never on the domain.
FN-GM Posted April 11, 2014 Author Posted April 11, 2014 Does anyone know the powershell equivalent to DISM please?
Arthur Posted April 11, 2014 Posted April 11, 2014 Does anyone know the powershell equivalent to DISM please? See post #14. The PowerShell equivalents would be Get-WindowsImage, Mount-WindowsImage and Dismount-WindowsImage (or just use the script in the post).
FN-GM Posted April 11, 2014 Author Posted April 11, 2014 What I mean is what Is the command to remove the app, Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage ? I could make a powershell script and run it part of the task sequence.
Arthur Posted April 11, 2014 Posted April 11, 2014 What I mean is what Is the command to remove the app, Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage? Ah! You'll need Get-AppxProvisionedPackage and Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage in that case.
FN-GM Posted April 16, 2014 Author Posted April 16, 2014 So it would be somewhere along the lines of? get-AppxPackage Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.Bing_1.2.0.137_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.BingFinance_1.2.0.135_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.BingMaps_1.2.0.136_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.BingNews_1.2.0.135_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.BingSports_1.2.0.135_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now