witch Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 I got some machines off another edugeeker, which was great, especially as they all came with CD writers and DVDs! I took these out of one machine to put in the bosses machine in an IT suite, but now of course I have spaces that none of the blanking plates I have will fit Does any one of you clever lot know where I can get some for a Compaq Presario 6000?
alan-d Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 A piece of cardboard or plastic held on with duct tape will do the job if you are not fussy about looks
witch Posted October 15, 2007 Author Posted October 15, 2007 Unfortunately these machines are going in an IT suite where lots of sticky little fingers will be poking and prodding them So - I really need proper blanking plates
SpuffMonkey Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 We keep vandalised and broken CD drives for this purpose - just bolt them in the holes.
witch Posted October 15, 2007 Author Posted October 15, 2007 Tried that - but the Compaqs have an odd system and none of the holes on the various old CDs I have tried line up so I can't fix them in so they don't wobble.
john Posted October 15, 2007 Posted October 15, 2007 Any chance of a Photo of the kind you are wanting Witch, SOME Compaq Home brand machines have the same plates as the Business PC Range and I will probably have some kicking aorund somewhere and if they are white then I can take some from my junk heap before it goes.
witch Posted October 16, 2007 Author Posted October 16, 2007 I can't take a photo because I don't have any blanking plates at all - the machines come with all slots filled with kit so I dont really know what they would look like! They would be black, and that is about it, I'm afraid. Not much help, is it!
tech_guy Posted October 16, 2007 Posted October 16, 2007 We keep a selection for this reason from machines going back ten years or so. Don't think we have any for your model but we usually find that we can modify one to fit then superglue it in place if it's going to be a permanent arrangement. Our D&T Tech is very good at cutting plastic to match stuff so we call on him a lot to do jobs like this.
witch Posted October 16, 2007 Author Posted October 16, 2007 Yes, I will have to do that if it comes to it - but they are such nice machines and I don't want to muck them about
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now