Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

DataTraveler Locker + not working on Windows 8.1


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a password protected Datatraveler USB stick which has been given to me by my school on my personal laptop running Windows 8.1 but it will not let me access the files. The password program appears to hang on 'not responding' and then when I go to access files it asks me to insert the USB (as if nothing is being picked up by the laptop).

 

Had a quick look on the datatravler website but cannot find what I am looking for.

 

Is this device compatible with Windows 8.1 as it works on a school Windows XP machine?

 

Thanks a lot!

Posted
I have just tried my Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ on one of our Windows 8.1 computers and it works fine (standard install, not on domain), do you have any software restriction policies running on your computer?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...