Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

We're getting errors backing up one of our servers with DPM 2012 R2 and the error it gives us is

 

Review the failure errors for individual files from the log file \\?\Volume{49f41fea-6262-11e3-80bb-2c768a56b42f}\c85de758-92d3-442c-a764-8689456a5184\FailedFilesLog.txt and take appropriate action. If some files fail consistently, you can exclude the folders containing these files by modifying the protection group or moving the files to another location.

 

Does anyone know how you can actually open the FailedFilesLog.txt file? I've found this on the TechNet forums but when I try to change directory it gives me access denied even when running the command prompt as administrator.

 

It seems a bit pointless for DPM to tell you to check the logs and then not let you access them. :(

 

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Posted

Try this... I managed to get this to work without mounting the volume as a drive.

 

Create a folder to copy the txt file into...

 

Open a cmd prompt as administrator and run:

 

copy \\?\Volume{49f41fea-6262-11e3-80bb-2c768a56b42f}\c85de758-92d3-442c-a764-8689456a5184\FailedFilesLog.txt c:\

  • 3 years later...
Posted

Can anyone help with this please I am having the same issue? I can't copy the file, I cant mount the volume either. I keep getting access denied.

 

Thanks

Posted
We had this - to get around it we had to use psexec to run cmd as the system account (PSEXEC -i -s -d CMD) before trying to mount the volume and copy the file
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...