localzuk Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 The post http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/128135-bangheadondesk.html isn't appearing on iSpy properly. The title is blank (meaning nothing to click to get to it). Image of the effect below:
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 It looks okay in iSpy for me, does it look okay now?
localzuk Posted December 2, 2013 Author Posted December 2, 2013 Yeah, its displaying ok now. Tried various refreshes earlier with no luck.
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Yeah, its displaying ok now. Tried various refreshes earlier with no luck. Were the refresh's within a 30s odd window? its possible the caching kept the problem alive a little longer then expected.
localzuk Posted December 2, 2013 Author Posted December 2, 2013 Still doing it. The page is being served with that title being an actual XML tag, and appears to also have a closing tag too. My guess would be that it isn't being stored and displayed using > or < but the actual characters, so something is interpreting it as actual XML.
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 @localzuk You're not using IE11 are you, perchance? It's installed itself on my laptop today and I'm experiencing the same intermittent problem with iSpy. I also have to type Quick Replies very slowly as it cannot keep up with the speed of my typing.
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 I am typing this using IE11 on 8.1 without issue. Could you try running IE11 in no addons mode to see if the typing lag goes? There are a few bugs with IE11 and the editor but it should basically work.
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 I'm running on Windows 7. The typing lag disappears when I run in no addons mode so it'll have to be a process of elimination when it comes to finding the cause of the problem. (Or just reverting to IE9 again!) IIgnre tt. Thetyping lag has recurred o it's nothing o o wih add-ons. (That should read - Ignore that. The typing error has recurred so it's nothing to do with add-ons.)
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 However, when I do an advanced reply, I have no problems with typing whatsoever.
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 The strange thing is we run IE in IE9 mode not IE11 engine. There is a setting in advanced to do with page rendering using hardware, can you try checking the box to enable software rendering. Also do you use any blockers that drop large lists of addresses into the hosts file? 1 classic program that breaks IE is Spybot. I have not tried IE11 on W7 yet though so I will try and setup a VM to recreate.
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Here goes. Well to start off with, this seems to be working ok too. But I'll keep on typing for a little while just to see if it starts again. Yep here go.Isijus cinidene that t seem start hen go ont thesecond li ftext? Wa alfi unil I pressed return an then I wet funy gain. Had no pblemslik this untlI started sing IE11toay.
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Here goes. Well to start off with, this seems to be working ok too. But I'll keep on typing for a little while just to see if it starts again. Yep here go.Isijus cinidene that t seem start hen go ont thesecond li ftext? Wa alfi unil I pressed return an then I wet funy gain. Had no pblemslik this untlI started sing IE11toay. Advanced mode translation. "Yep, here we go. Is it just coincidence that it seems to start when I go on to the second line of text? Was all fine until I pressed return and then it went funny again. Had no problems like this until I started using IE11 today.
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Here goes. Well to start off with, this seems to be working ok too. But I'll keep on typing for a little while just to see if it starts again. Yep here go.Isijus cinidene that t seem start hen go ont thesecond li ftext? Wa alfi unil I pressed return an then I wet funy gain. Had no pblemslik this untlI started sing IE11toay. To brutaly honest the IE11 issues could be hard to fix since vbulletin v4 has gone awol basically. I dont expect them to ever fix v4 now which is why we are looking at *options* I will try and get something together for IE11 as I know there are a few issues (new line/return being one) 1
ZeroHour Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Could you try once more now using quick reply?
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 No problem. In the meantime I'll just try and remember to hit Go Advanced when I reply to a post... or just keep it all on one line!
StevieM Posted December 2, 2013 Posted December 2, 2013 Obviously I was too quick in responding that I didn't see your last post. All fine on fs line, but still hve probles aft I pess retrn? (Nor ca I inser smiles in Qu Reply)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now