Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Reading the thread about binary made me wonder if anyone else here used CESIL when they started programming?

 

I did a CSE in Computer Studies starting in about 1975 and the only pupils allowed to do it were in the top set for Maths.

 

CESIL was very limited and had to be coded on special sheets that were posted to Southampton (I think) uni from our school in Dorset for the programs to be run. This meant the design cycle was rather long and if the numpty at the other end made a typo you just got garbage back :Cry:

 

So far I can't remember meeting anybody who used this language...

 

Mark

Posted

10 years later I was coding in 8080 assembly language. 8O

 

Almost as hard, try getting a script kiddie to code an app with three letter codes and hex. :lol:

Posted
I did assembly language at college about 5 or 6 years ago. whilst doing my national diploma in telecomms. it was the most boring language ever didn't really enjoy it to much! all we had to was program some traffic lights and play around like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...