beancole Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 Hi All, just taken over a school where the last IT manager died, they had no other IT staff. I am trying to get into the Joomla backend so I need to wipe the password hash in SQL and replace it with my own. I know absolutely nothing about SQL. I can see from bookmarks on the admin machine that my PHP admin was once on the machine. I have tried to open myphpadmin but cant get it. redownloaded all the asociated files and dropped them into wwroot\phpmyadmin. I can access the SQL database with MySQL Workbench but I have no idea how to use it. Please can anyone help? Server is running 2008 R2 with IIS7
teddybear Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 Is this of any use? How you reset an administrator password? - Joomla! Documentation
beancole Posted November 12, 2013 Author Posted November 12, 2013 Thats what I am trying to do, you need to edit the password hash in SQL but cant get myPHPadmin to work. I dont know how to use SQL any other way.
benjie Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 This is how you reset the mysql root password: MySQL :: MySQL 5.1 Reference Manual :: C.5.4.1 How to Reset the Root Password Once you have done that you could log in using the root password to reset the joomla password.
beancole Posted November 12, 2013 Author Posted November 12, 2013 Hi, Let me confirm. I am already in SQL that is not the problem. I need to wipe the joomla password. I can connect to a SQL database and I can edit it with mysql workbench but I dont know how to use it. My problem is opening myPHPadmin.
webman Posted November 12, 2013 Posted November 12, 2013 phpMyAdmin can be a bit cumbersome to set up and get working properly if you don't spend time trawling through the docs. And even then, sometimes it doesn't play nice! Instead, I'd recommend a light-weight alternative, Adminer. (Direct download for MySQL English-only version). It's a single file - just drop it into your web-accessible folder and access it through a web browser. You can then enter the details to log in - server will probably be localhost, and then the database, username & password you already have (by the sounds of it).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now