CHR1S Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 I have two identical tables (A & B), populated by two identical forms. A) I select an asset category from a combobox populated from another table (two columns, one bound) click save and it populates the table with the selection. B) I select an asset category from a combobox populated from another table (two columns, one bound) click save and it errors with "You must enter a value in 'Assets.AssetCategory' field. Both use the following to populate - SELECT DISTINCTROW [Asset Categories].* FROM [Asset Categories] ORDER BY [Asset Categories].AssetCategory; Why would one work and the other not?
CHR1S Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 If I change the Control source of table B's combobox to the non-linked source it works, but it changes the wrong info. I realise my table has a few quirks, like the primary key and its secondary value in the same table instead of it being joined. work to do.
CHR1S Posted November 5, 2013 Author Posted November 5, 2013 So, why would it refuse to populate the correct entry in the table? I need it to work as its breaking other things.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now