LukeC Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 I'm looking at doing a staged migration from Exchange 2007 to Office 365 with one mail box and I can't seem to get very far (having a thick day). I'm going through the migration wizard in office 365, created my CSV file and provide my on premise details. When I get two the step below I enter in what I think it should but it fails so I run the connectivity tests and all of them fail, so imp guessing what im typing in is wrong. If someone can advise on the correct format that would be much appreciated. Here similar to what i'm typing in Exchange Server - servername.school.lancs.sch.uk RPC Proxy server - school.lancs.sch.uk Hope this makes sense. Thanks
sukh Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 Are you using AutoD for the migration or do you have an endpoint? Why isn't AUtoD working, the page before that should pick up those settings. The RPC should be mail....com
EduTech Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 Hi, What is your exchange 2007 configured to use? The URL that you are using for OWA try using that in the fields. @sukh - It only completes them automatically once it has worked once. James.
sukh Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 Hey James I thought if AutoD is working it populates unless there is an issue. I.e what's happened here... I will have to look again, you sure?
EduTech Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 Hey James I thought if AutoD is working it populates unless there is an issue. I.e what's happened here... I will have to look again, you sure? I am pretty sure you had to type in the URL yourself when you setup the batch migrations, happy to be wrong just going off memory from when I did this a few months ago. James
sukh Posted September 25, 2013 Posted September 25, 2013 Haven't had time to look into this, but regardless need to know which method is being used here. I assume AutoD?
LukeC Posted September 26, 2013 Author Posted September 26, 2013 Thanks for the responses I assume i'm using auto discover. We are using outlook web access and I can see outlook anywhere is enabled. I think i'm typing the wrong info in but can't work out what is should be. I have run the exchange connectivity tester and they all fail on the auto discover, but yet when my clients using outlook on the desktop it discovers everything fine.
sukh Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 Internally I assume you mean they clients are connected on the LAN? If yes they would use the SCP for AutoD. I would suggest you sort out AutoD from outside. What does ExchRCA say?
LukeC Posted September 26, 2013 Author Posted September 26, 2013 Its fails on everything for external. I get the following, hopefully you can explain this. The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to test Autodiscover for [email protected]. Testing Autodiscover failed. Test Steps Attempting each method of contacting the Autodiscover service. The Autodiscover service couldn't be contacted successfully by any method. Test Steps Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://site.lancs.sch.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed. Test Steps Attempting to resolve the host name site.lancs.sch.uk in DNS. The host name couldn't be resolved. Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it Additional Details Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://autodiscover.site.lancs.sch.uk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed. Test Steps Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.site.lancs.sch.uk in DNS. The host name couldn't be resolved. Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it Additional Details Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the HTTP redirect method. The attempt to contact Autodiscover using the HTTP Redirect method failed. Test Steps Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.site.lancs.sch.uk in DNS. The host name couldn't be resolved. Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it Additional Details Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method. The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer failed to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method. Test Steps Attempting to locate SRV record _autodiscover._tcp.site.lancs.sch.uk in DNS. The Autodiscover SRV record wasn't found in DNS. Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
sukh Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 You need the whole report really. Can you PM?
LukeC Posted October 25, 2013 Author Posted October 25, 2013 that problem is now sorted! Was to do with auto discover and no pointer on DNS. Also found an issue with the Auto look anywhere which also stopped auto discover working as IPv6 had been enabled on the machine. Now just trying to sync a mailbox but my tenant has been marked for Removal!
sukh Posted October 25, 2013 Posted October 25, 2013 Not the first, log case with support and ask them stop removal process.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now