uffy2000 Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 Mornin. I have 2 DC's with server 2012 installed. im getting errors on my server error ID 1058 as below. "The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\Domain.Name\sysvol\oastlers.local\Policies\{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller. b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller). c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled." I think this is caused because the sysvol does not seem to be replicating from 1 DC to another and its only my secondary/DC that is getting this error. This seems to be causing big issues with group policy applying throughout my network. Any help welcome.
sukh Posted September 24, 2013 Posted September 24, 2013 Have you created a new GPO recently? What GPO does 6AC1 786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9 refer to? Check using ADSIEDIT (CN=System, CN=Policies)
RobBaxter Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 also run DCDIAG just to check for obvious replication issues. also do a GPRESULT -h breaks_in_gpo.htm and post it here. Then i can look for anything obvious for you
uffy2000 Posted September 27, 2013 Author Posted September 27, 2013 Sorted this now. The problem was that 1 GPO had become corrupt I went opened up an MMC with a Group Policy Snap in and then clicked through all my GPO's and clicked on the Details tab. and checked the Unique ID of all my GPO's. (also I was getting an error on just 1) I then checked my secondary DC and deleted the Folder with the UniqueID of the corrupt GPO. As soon as I did that it replicated all GPO's I also deleted the corrupt GPO through the MMC console.
sukh Posted September 27, 2013 Posted September 27, 2013 Was it this one 6AC1 786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now