Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

I have made a backup of my HAP folder under wwwroot, I need to upgrade to the latest version of Home Access Plus but I see that as I am on version 8.7 then first step would be version 9.

I deleted all other than app_data folder and replace with V9.

I know get this page when trying to log on.

 

[h=1]Server Error in '/HAP' Application.


[/h]

[h=2]Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[/h]Description:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web

request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and

where it originated in the code.

 

Exception Details:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an

object.

 

Source Error:

 

 

[TABLE=width: 100%]

 

 

[TR]

 

[TD]An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the

current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Stack Trace:

 

 

[TABLE=width: 100%]

 

 

[TR]

 

[TD]

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.doUpgrade(Version version) +9258 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig..ctor() +666 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Current() +135 HAP.Web.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4057733 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +191 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +352 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +407 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +375[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11702064 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4870277[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

 


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET

Version:4.0.30319.272 Any ideas or help please.

 

Thanks

Nathan

Posted
Ok, it's an issue with the upgrade there, you will need to rename hapConfig.xml to something else, create a new config using the setup page. Sorry, I was never able to find the cause of this upgrade error

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...