Sheridan Posted September 18, 2013 Posted September 18, 2013 Anyone got Sophos running on Windows 8? I've just started testing on various kit and it bombs out with an error 3061: Could not set default updating settings. A bit worrying as this is a fresh 8 install, just joined to the domain and logged in as and admin, and its failed straight away!
sparkeh Posted September 18, 2013 Posted September 18, 2013 Yeah works ok here. I assume you followed this Running Sophos Endpoint Security and Control on Windows 8 ?
MYK-IT Posted September 18, 2013 Posted September 18, 2013 (edited) Sophos 10.3 due for launch next month, existing users can upgrade now by changing from 'recommended' to '10.3' within Enterprise Console. Sophos Endpoint Security and Control release notes Sophos Endpoint v10.2: Automatic upgrade to v10.3 I assume its like Windows 7 installation where you have to check UAC & firewall settings before installing too. Edited September 18, 2013 by MYK-IT
sparkeh Posted September 18, 2013 Posted September 18, 2013 Sophos AV works on Win 8 from 10.2+ but 10.3 is needed for the client firewall. Also 10.3 was released in June.
Sheridan Posted September 18, 2013 Author Posted September 18, 2013 Yeah we've got EC 5.2 and Endpoint 10.2, I guess it could be a problem with the image.
Sheridan Posted September 19, 2013 Author Posted September 19, 2013 Just an update - I re-downloaded the package with the update manager, and then reinstalled and it has worked. Although I get the annoying UAC popping up when I open Sophos even as an admin - but at least its installed and seems to be updating correctly!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now