Kingstech Posted August 15, 2013 Posted August 15, 2013 Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. I've got a BT vision box and was wondering if I would be able to use it as just a Freeview plus box with out it being connected to the internet? Thanks in advance.
penfold_99 Posted August 15, 2013 Posted August 15, 2013 Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. I've got a BT vision box and was wondering if I would be able to use it as just a Freeview plus box with out it being connected to the internet? Thanks in advance. Short answer is no. It's needs to be connected to the Internet to allow it to boot correctly. I know this as one of my Ethernet over powerline plugs died and it wouldn't work until I hooked it back up.
Kingstech Posted August 16, 2013 Author Posted August 16, 2013 Short answer is no. It's needs to be connected to the Internet to allow it to boot correctly. I know this as one of my Ethernet over powerline plugs died and it wouldn't work until I hooked it back up. Thanks for that. I thought it was the case but thought I would ask.
ICTDirect_Dave Posted August 16, 2013 Posted August 16, 2013 Oddly mine worked fine as a freeview recorder when my broadband was down for a week. It could do all the standard TV stuff, just occasionally moaned about being unable to find a connection.
penfold_99 Posted August 16, 2013 Posted August 16, 2013 Oddly mine worked fine as a freeview recorder when my broadband was down for a week. It could do all the standard TV stuff, just occasionally moaned about being unable to find a connection. I bet you didn't reboot it though? If you had it would have been bye bye to freeview.
ICTDirect_Dave Posted August 16, 2013 Posted August 16, 2013 I'm pretty sur it was. My kid reboots the damn thing seven or eight times a day. I'll test it out tonight 1
ICTDirect_Dave Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 Okay, Having just moved house and having no internet connection for 36 hours I can confirm that my BT Vision box worked fine as a freeview recorder without a network connection. I only stated it was unable to find a connection on boot and then behaved normally thereafter.
plexer Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 Okay, Having just moved house and having no internet connection for 36 hours I can confirm that my BT Vision box worked fine as a freeview recorder without a network connection. I only stated it was unable to find a connection on boot and then behaved normally thereafter. @ICTDirect_Dave good good, now get back to making that touch table even more awesome, chop chop Ben 1
ICTDirect_Dave Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 We're on it (I think!) It will definitely be extra shiny, and we will have all the issues ironed out (even if we have to have a small child inside with a keyboard & mouse)
penfold_99 Posted August 29, 2013 Posted August 29, 2013 Okay, Having just moved house and having no internet connection for 36 hours I can confirm that my BT Vision box worked fine as a freeview recorder without a network connection. I only stated it was unable to find a connection on boot and then behaved normally thereafter. Look like there is one benefit of the new software update, the previous version based on windows ce or media centre has the issue. The new software did remove one of the best features of bt vision which was record from start of a program, if you had watch a program from the beginning and his record half way through you got the whole program, now you can only record from when you press the record button. Still not sure is the red button has made it back yet?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now