nathan Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 (edited) I'm a little stuck here and after some tips on how to solve. No matter what I do I cannot get these computers to accept the proxy/homepage settings. I've checked all other GPO's and there shouldn't be anything conflicting with it. Although I do have "User Group Policy loopback processing mode" set to merge as I redirect the desktop based on the Computer. I've run rsop on a pc that should be effected but nothing shows regarding the GPO. I've tried everything I can think of, so any tips on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. We seem to have this problem on HP laptops, unsure if that's connected. Edited June 25, 2013 by nathan
witch Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 We had an issue with this in both my schools and I think it was done with a script that changed the reg settings on the machines. As you say, all GPO settings were correct but still no dice. I have just googled "changing homepage with a script" and there are several examples which might help.
zag Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Uninstall IE 10 if you have it, the proxy settings are different in GPO
nathan Posted June 25, 2013 Author Posted June 25, 2013 Uninstall IE 10 if you have it, the proxy settings are different in GPO would rather keep ie10, but I think you may be onto something as all these hp laptops are window 7 with ie10
zag Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/110567-ie10-proxy-setting-windows-7-a.html
carvjo Posted June 25, 2013 Posted June 25, 2013 Use Group Policy Preferences to send out registry changes: In GPMC:- User Configuration - Preferences - Windows Settings - Registry Proxy is: Hkey_Current_User - Software - Microsoft - Windows - CurrentVersion - Internet Settings The keys you need to look at are ProxyEnable ProxyOverride ProxyServer Home Page is found in: Hkey_Current_User - Software - Microsoft -Internet Explorer - Main The key to edit is Start_Page 1
nathan Posted June 25, 2013 Author Posted June 25, 2013 brill that's sorted it, thanks for the help everyone!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now