IKWeb Posted June 19, 2013 Posted June 19, 2013 Hi All I know most of you guys in secondary schools will do this in house, which is creating your own MSI packages to deploy your software on your networks such as Scratch for example. But for primary schools its normally the job of the IT tech to run around and install these apps on each machine locally. Want I am after knowing is does anyone use a 3rd party company to create your MSI's for you? Then all you do would be to setup and point it to your machine?? Thanks for any feedback you can give.
cullingsh Posted June 19, 2013 Posted June 19, 2013 If the software is already msi, deploying it is usually fairly easy, I do in my infant/junior schools. If it's not an msi already, and it has to go out everywhere then I tend to call it from a log-on script, then log onto a bank of computers at a time. I have recently been playing with Acrobat reader though and have made that into msi and deploy via gpo. There are quite a few free tools around to do the job. Haven't looked into a third party doing the job for us though. Shaun
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now