dgdewit Posted June 5, 2013 Posted June 5, 2013 Hi, We've purchased at our school Multipoint server 2012 with 8 terminals (USB), Its a Dell i7 with 16G of Ram, 1 VGA terminal and 7 USB terminals with USB monitors The problems I encouter are: 1 : At 1 or more terminals the Mouse pointer changes suddenly from arrow to square, and in many times the terminal Freezes 2 : Same as the above in the following situation : 8 students making a math exam with dedicated exam-software, this software uses Flash player. After 5 minutes 6 terminals Frooze, and after another 2 minutes all where frozen, even the VGA terminal frooze. Only a cold reset could solve this freeze. Anyone an Idea of what went/is wrong ?
robjd Posted June 8, 2013 Posted June 8, 2013 (edited) I have a multipoint server and it can be a little twitchy. I would start by adding a USB PCI-E card or 2 and balancing the client hubs over those. This would eliminate any motherboard latency. Also I cant be sure as I am currently on MP 2011 but believe 2012 has more Remote FX, do you have this enabled and a card worthy of it with correct server drivers? My multipoint sounds a similar spec to yours and is running 14 clients over LAN and flash seems ok with it. Let me know as Im upgrading mine soon. Edited June 8, 2013 by robjd
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now