andy_nic Posted May 13, 2013 Posted May 13, 2013 Recently we moved from ghost to WDS so we have to use sysprep now. however we have a site licence for Sony Vegas Movie Studio. so install it on the image but now it seems that sysprep is changing the machine ID so Vegas think it needs to be re-registered however it changes to a consumer registration so the licence code does not work. anyone else had this problem? I don't fancy having to go and install install this X amount of times.
sonofsanta Posted May 13, 2013 Posted May 13, 2013 Despite what Sony tell you, you can deploy Movie Studio, not that they make it easy. You can't install from a UNC path and you have to use some hidden flags to pass the licence key and activate in Site mode, but with the following code in a batch file net use b: "\\server\share\Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12" b:\dvdarchitectstudio5.0.161.exe /v:[licenceKey] /q b:\vmspe120_x64.exe /x:setup.dat /v:[licenceKey] /q net use b: /DELETE /Y you can do it. Note that [licenceKey] means the full thing, with the comma, without spaces. The EXE files referenced are actually the patches we downloaded, IIRC, as installing from the DVD then updating changed the program out of Site mode into Single Licence mode. The original installers (on the DVD) allowed you to use /x:site to force the installation mode but they've changed what /x does now (as you can see above). If you're working with the original files, try that switch.
IKWeb Posted May 13, 2013 Posted May 13, 2013 Can you not install the app, the capture the licence key install as a MSI then push this out via GPO?
andy_nic Posted May 13, 2013 Author Posted May 13, 2013 Despite what Sony tell you, you can deploy Movie Studio, not that they make it easy. You can't install from a UNC path and you have to use some hidden flags to pass the licence key and activate in Site mode, but with the following code in a batch file net use b: "\\server\share\Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12" b:\dvdarchitectstudio5.0.161.exe /v:[licenceKey] /q b:\vmspe120_x64.exe /x:setup.dat /v:[licenceKey] /q net use b: /DELETE /Y you can do it. Note that [licenceKey] means the full thing, with the comma, without spaces. The EXE files referenced are actually the patches we downloaded, IIRC, as installing from the DVD then updating changed the program out of Site mode into Single Licence mode. The original installers (on the DVD) allowed you to use /x:site to force the installation mode but they've changed what /x does now (as you can see above). If you're working with the original files, try that switch. Do you know if this works on version 11? because I can't seem to be able to pass the key?
sonofsanta Posted May 13, 2013 Posted May 13, 2013 Do you know if this works on version 11? because I can't seem to be able to pass the key? I don't know with 11, we've only just bought the software at v12; it may be that v11 still uses /x:site to force the site mode, and there is a registry key under HKLM (iirc) for each product containing licence information that should be deployable with GPP, if your domain controller is on 2008R2 (or higher). 1
andy_nic Posted May 13, 2013 Author Posted May 13, 2013 I just ran the setup.exe /x:site /q and It picked up the licence which already installed and registered itself.
sonofsanta Posted May 13, 2013 Posted May 13, 2013 I just ran the setup.exe /x:site /q and It picked up the licence which already installed and registered itself. Alls well that ends well then why they try and keep /x:site a secret I don't know; we worked it out from the .ini file that the launcher calls when you install whilst sat at a workstation. When we contacted them about the patch reverting the licence to a consumer edition they seemed surprised that anyone would want to update a site install and had to get an engineer to build the capability in to a special .exe for us. A very odd company.
steewy Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 (edited) Hi, Sorry to re open this topic but I struggle to install Sony Vegas Movie Studio Version 11. Basically I have a clean windows and I want to deploy Sony Vegas over the network by using a GPO. At the moment we have a site licence key but even if I use it during the installation it doesn't work I still have to register the software manually. I copied the cd into a share folder: 1- I install the software by using this command into a bat file "\\sharefolder$\Software\Sony Vegas\setup\vmspe110_dvda50_suite.exe" /x:site /q 2- I install the updates by using a bat file net use b: "\\sharefolder$\Software\Sony Vegas" b:\dvdarchitectstudio5.0.161.exe /v:[xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx] /q b:\moviestudiope11.0.322.exe /v:[xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx] /q net use b: /DELETE /Y And it's still asking me to activate the software. Any recommendations ? I tried to skip part 1 and go straight away with part 2 but still no luck. Thanksss Edited July 16, 2013 by steewy
sonofsanta Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 Just had a look and it seems we're currently installing it here with the command line vmspe120_x64.exe /x:setup.dat /v:licenceKeyGoesHere /q licenceKeyGoesHere to be replaced with your long licence key, obviously. The setup.dat file you need is in this ZIP file (had to zip it up so the site would let me attach it): setup.zip Drop that setup.dat into the same directory as your EXE. The software currently seems to whinge if someone is logged in when it tries to install, so try and schedule/deploy so that it goes out on a Saturday morning, you'll have more success that way. Song and dance comes to mind...
steewy Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 Thanks a lot. Is the long licence key the same for the entire network ? I don't have a long licence key... Also I have a separate licence key for Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 and DVD Architect Studio 5.0. So how could I choose which key to use when deploying ?
sonofsanta Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 Thanks a lot. Is the long licence key the same for the entire network ? I don't have a long licence key... Also I have a separate licence key for Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 and DVD Architect Studio 5.0. So how could I choose which key to use when deploying ? That was the command for Movie Studio, DVD architect is dvdarchst50_x86.exe with the same flags and its own licence key. The setup.dat file for DVD Architect is here, on my SkyDrive (too big to attach here) You should have gotten the licence key when you bought the software, and yes, it is one licence key for each installation if you've bought a volume licence (we have a site licence). So the two keys you have will go against the relevant install - your Vegas one when you run vmspe120_x64.exe and the your DVD Architect key when you run dvdarchst50_x86.exe
steewy Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 Thanks for your help. It seems like it's working now... I'll try to install it by GPO and let you know if it works. So basically I copied the cd into a folder and also download the updates and created a batch file using the full licence key. @echo OFF if exist "%ProgramFiles%\Sony\DVD Architect Studio 5.0\dvdarchst50.exe" goto End "\\server\D$\Software\Sony Vegas\dvdarchitectstudio5.0.161.exe" /v:longlicence,xxx /q "\\server\D$\Software\Sony Vegas\moviestudiope11.0.322.exe" /v:longlicence,xxx /q :END
steewy Posted July 16, 2013 Posted July 16, 2013 Well it doesn't work. The trouble is I only have one CD Site Licence Vega Movie Studio HD Platinum and there is only on installer on that CD (vmspe110_dvda50_suite.exe) so I can't use a separate key for the both products. I'm stuck here. Will try again tomorrow
steewy Posted July 17, 2013 Posted July 17, 2013 All sorted I had to change a few things in my script. Ta
steewy Posted July 22, 2013 Posted July 22, 2013 I am trying to install, but it was not working. Why it doesn't work ? How are you trying to install it ?
fluginator Posted November 5, 2013 Posted November 5, 2013 I'm in the same boat as you are. The DVD that we have has the single installer. However if you download the latest updates from Sony you don't need to actually run the vmspe110_dvda50_suite.exe. I just installed moviestudiope11.0.322.exe and dvdarchitectstudio5.0.186.exe and pass the license along as mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyway, my problem is that it still asks for registration when the programs are launched. Any way around this? You mentioned "All sorted I had to change a few things in my script." Could you please share that script with us? Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now