Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone here used a portable app (when possible) if they have had difficult creating one via AppWiz for a RM CC4 network.

 

Basically I'm having a mare getting Sweet Home 3D packaged up but there is a portable version from there website. So I'm thinking why not just create a package to copy this across and create the shortcut.

 

Anyone got any thoughts about doing such a thing?

Posted
I have not used a portable app on cc4, but why can't you just install it on a TS and give people access to it? Also with appwiz I sometimes struggle to package simple apps, I always try to avoid appwiz when I can.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I have not used a portable app on cc4, but why can't you just install it on a TS and give people access to it? Also with appwiz I sometimes struggle to package simple apps, I always try to avoid appwiz when I can.

 

Thanks for the response. What do you use instead of AppWiz?

Posted
It depends on what software vendor it is, normally for the bigger vendors sometimes release a install manager or enable you to create a mst,where you can point the pacakge .ini to it. Or I create a script using autoscript which is a neat program where you can create executable scripts and best of all it's free. AutoIt - AutoItScript.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...