mattx Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 Following this link: Working with the Queue Database on Transport Servers: Exchange 2007 Help I've got as far as re-creating a new mail.que [ after backing up the corrupt one ] and mail is working in and out etc. I'm now at the stage of trying to recover any mail that was stuck in the corrupt mail.que - I've run a defrag of the file [ was 20 gig, now 373 meg ] But I'm stuck as what to do next - on checking the link I'm not sure what the "Unreachable" is from the PS command: Retry-Queue -Identity "Unreachable" -Resubmit $True Is this the parth of the corrupt mail.que or do you have to give the mail.que a name - and if so how ? Would appreciate some advice if anyone has done this before.
sukh Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 You need to perform that on the target Exch server. I.e the server which will take on the old mail.que DB. The unreachable is a queue. It's referring to the target server not the source (where you recovered the mail.que).
mattx Posted April 17, 2013 Author Posted April 17, 2013 Copied over the file to another exchange server, [ backup ] stopped the transport services opened the queue viewer and presto - lots of E-mail.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now