CommodoreS Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 I have a Win 7 Laptop on a 2008 R2 Server When a staff user going to Control Panel - Uninstall a program This displays: Your administrator has disabled programs and features However I want them to be able to access this. I have disabled the AD setting: Admin Templates>Control Panel>Programs>Hide "Programs and Features" page set as Disabled However this message is still appearing and users are unable to uninstall and change programs. Is there another rogue AD setting someone which is keeping this disabled?
SYNACK Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Are they limited users to prevent them causing damage? This would rightly prevent this kind of thing.
p3dr0 Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 if all settings are applied through group policy you can run a gpresult command on your pc and that will give you a html report with all applied settings. for example: gpresult /h c:/settings.html
CommodoreS Posted April 11, 2013 Author Posted April 11, 2013 Not to worry. I found the other setting in AD which also needed to be disabled to make this setting effective. I hate it when two settings have to be applied in the right way to make the other work and you also have to hunt for it!
CommodoreS Posted April 11, 2013 Author Posted April 11, 2013 Care to remove those two red dots with something more green? Admin Templates>Control Panel>Programs>Hide the Programs Control Panel Also needs to be disabled. Yet no where does it tell you this. Thanks Microsoft! And everyone else! 3
Davit2005 Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 I'd be tempted to set this up using the control panel template and either disabling whats not required or just showing what is. A bit of test, trial and error. You could create a GPO, assign it to a test user and the apply it to the OU placing above the normal users policy so the particular settings overide the policy the users normally for the user assigned to the assigned user.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now