gomalley Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 I have a strange one for a Monday morning, a member of staff got the attached error - "you have attempted to upload a restricted file type!" when adding a .jpg to a Shared drive, I have tested as the same type of user and it works fine for me, so not sure why it would not for her. The Event Log shows this: ---------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Home Access Plus+ Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 16/03/2013 Time: 15:18:00 User: N/A Computer: GSS-SR-002 Description: An error occurred in Home Access Plus+ Page: /HAP/api/myfiles-upload/W/Design |26 Technology/D |26 T/STUDENTS/Miss Jones/Year 11 GP/Mon 6 |26 Wed 34/Nadia/Year 11/ ---------------------------------- Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks Guy
nickbro Posted March 18, 2013 Posted March 18, 2013 Can you do some http://www.edugeek.net/forums/home-access-plus/86059-hap-json-debugging.html please, see what it's doing
gomalley Posted March 18, 2013 Author Posted March 18, 2013 I will do, if I can replicate the fault, which I can't currently! Will see if I can reproduce on the same PC as it occurred on. Thanks
mitchell1981 Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 Hi. I know this is a bit old now, but recently had a similar problem. Turned out that it was caused by capitalisation of the file extension. JPG instead of jpg. 2
nickbro Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 Thanks for the info mitchell, I'll add some stuff to make the extension lowercase when doing the checks 1
gomalley Posted April 17, 2013 Author Posted April 17, 2013 Thanks Mitchell for finding the cause and Nick for working on a solution, is there somewhere I can enter .JPG as allowed as a fix in the meantime? Many Thanks Guy
nickbro Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Add it as a allowed file type should do it. v9 is due out on Friday
nickbro Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 I have a strange one for a Monday morning, a member of staff got the attached error - "you have attempted to upload a restricted file type!" when adding a .jpg to a Shared drive, I have tested as the same type of user and it works fine for me, so not sure why it would not for her. [ATTACH=CONFIG]17569[/ATTACH] The Event Log shows this: ---------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Home Access Plus+ Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 16/03/2013 Time: 15:18:00 User: N/A Computer: GSS-SR-002 Description: An error occurred in Home Access Plus+ Page: /HAP/api/myfiles-upload/W/Design |26 Technology/D |26 T/STUDENTS/Miss Jones/Year 11 GP/Mon 6 |26 Wed 34/Nadia/Year 11/ ---------------------------------- Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks Guy Bug Confirmed, and Fixed in https://hap.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/83424, will be in the v9 release 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now