tarquel Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 Hi all Having not used citrix at all really, me and a colegue are looking into citrix training as we have a system that's been put in, but without knowing much about it, i fear that something that is intended to be *very* intergrated is going to need alot of knowledge known - rather than just dabbling in it. Can anyone suggest a good citrix course to go on - we were looking at the presentation server one, but i have been told that its very easy to use etc. [whether its easy to use when certain things start breaking is my worry] Is there any training courses that deal not only with certain setup aspects to it, but also ones that help you gain good troubleshooting abilities when using it? I believe that the plan is to use it as *the* desktop as opposed to a normal TS with Thin Clients, etc....but as you can see, my knowledge on the subject is far from good. Anyone with any info please leave a post or PM... thanks Nath.
CyberNerd Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 I did this one: http://www.xpertise.co.uk/courses/course.aspx?pageID=5814
nathan Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 how well does citrix work, i really dont know much about it.
tarquel Posted July 25, 2007 Author Posted July 25, 2007 I did this one: http://www.xpertise.co.uk/courses/course.aspx?pageID=5814 That one looks great!! Hell of a lot covered in 4 days though it seems :S How did you find it? Do you think its what me & my colleague is after? If it covers various setup tasks, but more on maintainance and troubleshooting of the whole citrix system, then its what we are after i'm thinking. Does it cover the Citrix AACS / Secure Access Gateway at all? As this will become a core component here I'm told. Cheers Nath.
Geoff Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 I sat down with a server and an install CD and screwed around with it for a few hours. It's all the training I usually need to figure something out.
tarquel Posted July 25, 2007 Author Posted July 25, 2007 you would geoff ;) I dont have that option. The system is already setup - meaning i cant go and set it up again from scratch to learn about that part. It would be handy to know it tho [but not essential - as you show]. Because of what they have planned for it, I feel it would be very unprofessional to just "wing" it when its going to be so largely implemented. And when things go wrong after its all implemented - its going to be far better to know more stuff having been shown it and trained on it, than not know where to start. This is a huge install of it - multi servers - and i just dont feel comfortable trying to maintain it without some sort of training on it [i'm not saying i'm not prepared to learn off my own back, because i am - and i have with other aspects, only that as we've already got the go ahead to find training thats appropriate, it makes little sense not doing so ] Nath.
CyberNerd Posted July 25, 2007 Posted July 25, 2007 I found the course to be good compliment to playing around with an installation, from what you ask I think this is what your looking for, certainly for a large scale installation. it also covers some of the more useful features that you may not find by experimenting - it goes beyond a basic install.There are a lot of features of Citrix that I didn't know about before the course - and I'd been running it for 2 yrs previous!. The hardest thing I find about citrix is Windows and peculiarities with programs that we try and install. Another good Citrix resource is here: http://www.brianmadden.com/forum
tarquel Posted July 25, 2007 Author Posted July 25, 2007 Thanks man... Looks like just the job, as we are going to have a play at setting one up from scratch as a test. At least we'll get a feel for it then. Gonna PM you a question btw Ta Nath.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now