Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have just purchased a QNAP TS-569 Pro and i'm looking for some advice regarding its best config regarding DPM 2012. This model is 20TB and configured for Raid5 giving me a capacity of almost 15GB. Now i'm not sure if it would be best left as one virtual disk of split into several virtual disks for best use in DPM to use for backup. Advice please?
Posted
I have the TS-869 which I used with DPM 2012. I use the whole thing as one big virtual disk and it works fine. DPM will just create it's own partitions when you create protection groups.
Posted

We used to have a TS-212 for use with Windows Server Backup (poor mans DPM :)) and we just had it setup all as one single virtual disk and then iSCSI into that from the DPM server.

Performance was good enough just make sure you run your backups at times that won't hamper normal network traffic.

Posted
Thanks for the info guys. Its now configured and accessible via iSCSI. I cant see how to modify the current protection groups to use the new disk? I have this bad feeling I might have to recreate the protection groups?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...