rush_tech Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 Has anyone used this Kickstarter and backed a project? I quite like this idea Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android by Pebble Technology — Kickstarter it's been backed out the water
Max_Power Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 I like that watch, i'd buy one if it became available.
plexer Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 (edited) It's more a case of when hoepfully not if. $130 for a black one with international shipping = approx £83 Ben Edited April 12, 2012 by plexer
Haptic Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 (edited) Is that not just very, very similar to the latest ipod nano with the watch strap? Looks good though. It has increased functionality granted, but I'm sure Apple will be doing the same sort of thing with updates and moving forward with any next generation model. Chris Edited April 12, 2012 by Haptic
plexer Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 Possibly but that thing is hackable and programmable not just tied into Apple Ben
plexer Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 I'm going to start having my wages sent to kickstarter I think Trigger Happy Camera Remote by Kevin Harrington — Kickstarter Ben
rush_tech Posted April 12, 2012 Author Posted April 12, 2012 I'm seriously considering it:) not that is needs backing over a Million pounds in 28 hours
plexer Posted April 12, 2012 Posted April 12, 2012 Indeed but with that much capital it should make for some awesome improvements in the original design as well hopefully, such as being waterproof. There's even been talking in the comments of people requesting mic and speakers in it to make it a bluetooth speaker phone essentially Ben
HMCTech Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 (edited) I think kickstarter is an amazing idea and has already given so much capital to so many projects. When banks are not investing the world is! The pebble looks great, but reading other articles it is unlikely that Apple will give it enough support for the caller id and SMS notifications to be pushed so that might be android only. Edited April 13, 2012 by HMCTech
plexer Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 Latest update on the pebble says they are going to make it waterproof. Ben
plexer Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 I would guess that if you had a bluetooth ear-piece/speakerphone hooked up at the same time you would be able to place a call from your watch by scrolling through your contacts and hitting a button? Hope so Ben
Rawns Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 $3m BBC News - Smartwatch breaks record for Kickstarter funding
Arthur Posted May 12, 2012 Posted May 12, 2012 Twine (another really cool Kickstarter project) can now send messages to your Pebble watch...
plexer Posted May 12, 2012 Posted May 12, 2012 Pebble finished at over $10mil Seems the twine guys got access to a prototype and sdk. Ben
plexer Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Well I'm slightly hooked on kickstarter now I visit it several times a day to see what new cool projects have been created So far as well as backing the pebble I have also backed: OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA — Kickstarter & Digispark - The tiny, Arduino enabled, usb dev board! by Erik Kettenburg — Kickstarter Currently thinking about backing this one as well: iControlPad 2 - The open source controller by Product 3 LLC — Kickstarter @SimpleSi works with the Pi as well
kism3t Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Oh Damn I liked the look of the Digispark! I love kickstarter shame it is only for US citizens at the moment, hopefully they will let the UK enter some projects soon... I have backed the Pebble, hopefully recieving at the end of this month and also Teensy 3.0 which looks pretty cool. it does start to get a little addictive
plexer Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 There are several on there from the uk that keyboard I linked to is uk based. Ben
kism3t Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Interesting?... To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments: —You are 18 years of age or older. —You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN). —You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license). —You have a major US credit or debit card. Maybe they have family in the US
plexer Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Must have, there is another on there which is an earbud storage/holder for the ipod nano which is uk based as well. Ben
Arthur Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Kickstarter goes international with UK launch this autumn
LosOjos Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Looking forward to a proper UK launch, then it's time to get prototyping...
kism3t Posted September 16, 2012 Posted September 16, 2012 I have been thinking about backing this as well to be honest, they are very similar I think galago has a better processor, Not too sure if galago can Replicate a HID though? Bonus for me is you can use the Arduino IDE with teensy, oh who am I kidding I want them all, my names Ian and im a microcontroller addict, phew that feels better ;-) (off to buy a galago)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now