+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Exam Software - Promissor Fail in Technical; Hello, Im attempting to get Promissor to work with our new Windows 7 installation, but, it fails out rather well. ...
    Thank Post

Exam Software - Promissor Fail

Hello,

Im attempting to get Promissor to work with our new Windows 7 installation, but, it fails out rather well.

The Server bit runs fine, and has tested as working, the XP client works fine, the win 7 client fails out siting "cannot load SitePersistance.dll" "Please contact support".

Well, support tells me they dont support anything other than XP at this time, but other centres in the country are working fine with vista and Windows 7, but they cant help

Anyone here got Promissor working on win7?

(This is my first look at the software as the person that normally deals with this is currently off work)

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    There is also a new version out / due out very soon I believe as I did see an email from Edexcel wing its way into its inbox before I came away on my holiday so that could also be a cause.

Top and bottom though is it will never work corectly its just pure junk, we are no-longer using it from this new academic year (hozzar!) and are moving to ASDAN E-Assessments instead as they do the ALAN testing and the software is much nicer and easier to use

Thank Post
    Firstly make sure you are using the most recent version on the server, you can download it from www.catglobal.com/edexcel

If that doesn't work then try this:
    Close the ESM server application down, then rename the contact.ccf file from the ESM shared location. Restart the ESM server and click on browser, it will want to do an update again, just cancel this. Check the shared location ot make sure that it has recreated the file and then install the administrator program on a client again making sure the path the shared files is correct.

Thank Post

Just wondering how could I get the Promissor software? Where do i down load or buy?

Just need some Idea how do I get promissor software, If anybody can help me please get back to me asap on m82amjad@yahoo.co.uk . thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleen View Post
    Hello,

Im attempting to get Promissor to work with our new Windows 7 installation, but, it fails out rather well.

The Server bit runs fine, and has tested as working, the XP client works fine, the win 7 client fails out siting "cannot load SitePersistance.dll" "Please contact support".

Well, support tells me they dont support anything other than XP at this time, but other centres in the country are working fine with vista and Windows 7, but they cant help

Anyone here got Promissor working on win7?

(This is my first look at the software as the person that normally deals with this is currently off work)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread