+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Netsupport school - activation problem in Technical; I can't get it to activate online, even though I'm connected to the internet! All the detail is in correctly, ...

Thank Post

Netsupport school - activation problem

I can't get it to activate online, even though I'm connected to the internet!

All the detail is in correctly, I've even tried a reboot but I'm being prompted for an activation code after it fails to authenticate online.

Any ideas? It's rather bizarre!

Thank Post

Re: Netsupport school - activation problem

Problem solved,

seems that NSS has problems authenticating behind a proxy and it can be a bit hit or miss. Used the live chat option on their website and got the code I needed from a very helpful lady

Thank Post

Oh dear! Another nice app bites teh dust and goes down the activation route.

Thank Post

Yeah I wasn't too happy when it happened as I was in the middle of half a dozen other jobs at the time. The activation worked fine the first time, no idea why it wouldn't on the second install I did.

Apparently you have to do it once for each tutor PC, it should work through proxy servers fine but doesn't - I've been told they're trying to improve this.

Fortunately it doesn't seem to need to you do it each time you use it, although I haven't tried it under a different user. If I have to activate it for each user I'll go mad.

NO I'll just ask for my money back :P

Deployment worked great though, NSS9 deployed to XP computers nice and quick without any whinging about admin shares etc.

Thank Post

Halfmad - Sorry to hear you had problems with the activation but I'm pleased to see our tech support guys and gals helped you out.

The activation is something we thought long and hard about and in the end felt that we had to do something to stop the spread of cracked keys and licenses. We may be (reasonably) happy to let it continue but when your channel is getting reluctant to invest in sales & marketing in certain regions because of piracy then its time to do something.

I know its an inconvenience for our genuine loyal customers but you wouldn't believe the number of downloads we get from Peru (of all places) and the distinct lack of sales!

On the flip side I hope you're pleased with the new version 9. I'm really excited about the big new features like the Instant Messenger monitoring as well as some smaller ones like the SafeSearch option and preset messages. Small things but they add some nice new functionality.

I bet our competition are already trying to figure out how to copy us

Rob @ NetSupport

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The activation is something we thought long and hard about and in the end felt that we had to do something to stop the spread of cracked keys and licenses. We may be (reasonably) happy to let it continue but when your channel is getting reluctant to invest in sales & marketing in certain regions because of piracy then its time to do something.

I know its an inconvenience for our genuine loyal customers but you wouldn't believe the number of downloads we get from Peru (of all places) and the distinct lack of sales!
    I'm sceptical. I have yet to see any anti piracy measure that works. Most seem to just inconvenience legitimate customers and fail to hinder pirates.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    I'm sceptical. I have yet to see any anti piracy measure that works. Most seem to just inconvenience legitimate customers and fail to hinder pirates.
    I agree. The windows XP one is just a flipping nightmare at times (if I ever have to contact MS again, I may just scream), yet I tend to believe it failed to have much effect piracy.

Thank Post

Just so you are aware there was an update made available yesterday to fix the problems activating NSS when using a proxy.

Thank Post

ooh cheers Mr Hawkins

Thank Post

Hi Dear
    How Can I Get Activation Code For Ver9.02
    pleas help me

mayyou give me Activation Code
    thanks

Thank Post

Abdollah0098,

If you have purchased NSS 9.02 then it will activate online, if you don't have internet access at the Tutor PC then contact your supplier and they will help you activate it.

Alternatively contact our technical support department giving them you name, company name and serial number and they will try to help you.

Rob
    NetSupport Ltd

Thank Post

I like the NSS9, here in peru we use it a lot (joking).

Now how about :

1: REMOVING or passwording the feature for ANYONE at the tutor PC having the ability to execute applications on the remote PC's (not just removing the toolbar icon).

2: REMOVING or passwording the feature for ANYONE at the tutor PC having the ability to do 'file manager' on the remote PC's (not just removing the toolbar icon).

If you don’t think that this is a problem then you should come work in our inner-city secondary that’s in special measures, with half witted LSA'a and Teachers with no real IT knowledge.

I frustrates the hell out of me that NSS9 has installed two of the biggest security holes in my network with no granular control given to me other than remove the icons from the toolbar (which does not disable the features)

ALSO (without having to buy Net support manager)
    I’ve set up each room with its own security key, however I would like to connect to more than one room at a time in some circumstance as NSS is proving very useful for installing exe’s or running logon maintenance scripts but the profiles are tied to one security key.

NSS is a very good product and still gets a thumbs up (plug the holes though)

Thank Post

ChrisP,

Hows the weather in Peru

You can remove the file transfer and execute option altogether (rather than just remove the toolbar button). This removes all menu items including those from the View window.

These options can be set via the registry (and AD templates), add a string value in the registry:

"UI\DisableFileTransfer" = "1"
    "UI\DisableExec"= "1"

For NSS 9 these are in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NetSupport Ltd\PCICTL\ConfigList key (named NSS profiles appear below here)

You can turn on multiple connections at the student but this is usually when you want an NSM Control to connect as well as an NSS Tutor. Having multiple Tutors connect may cause issues with things like internet and application monitoring. The security key is stored per NSS profile though so in theory you could have each profile using a different security key.

Hope that helps

Rob @ NetSupport

Thank Post

Thanks a lot That sorts problem 1 and 2.

Where is the multiple connection setting?

Thank Post

Multiple connections in NSS is not available through the usual configuration utility. However you can manually set it.

1. Open the client32.ini file
    2. Find the [Client] section, usually this is near the top
    3. Add a Shared=1 item
    4. Save the file

The client won't re-start at the moment as the client32.ini file is incorrect. I'd rather not say how to re-checksum it on a open forum. If you don't know then email me and I'll let you know.

Rob

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast