+ Post New Thread
London Grid for Learning (LGfL) Thread, lgfl email setup on outlook in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi, I wonder if someone has setup prf profile in outlook for the lgflmail. We have just installed windows 7 ...

Thank Post

lgfl email setup on outlook

Hi,

I wonder if someone has setup prf profile in outlook for the lgflmail.

We have just installed windows 7 on our network and prf profiles in outlook dont work. It will only take the configurations by doing to setup manually and then using the autoconfiguration.xml

We have tried server mail13.lgflmail.org, mail1.lgflmail.org and they dont seem to take these settings unless it is manually.

When we import the prf all the setting are exactly the same as when you do them manually but it doesnt work. We have tried everything.

How do you have it configure at your sites?

Thank you in advance,

Thank Post
    I have never got this to work, although not spent much time on it. Just had to do it manually per user.

I would ask the LGFL help desk.

Thank Post
    I have tried to configure outlook 2007 and 2010 with a PRF file and LGFLmail and it is taking the settings, but LGFL settings are correct. Even when you do the auto-discover (by configuring it manually) and connects and creates the settings... if you copy those into a prf and all the settings are the same, it will not work.

I think it might be something to do with LGFLmail and the way the aliases work. LGFL support is really bad, they pointed us to their standard support page and that is it.

It would be good if someone has done this on a network with a prf and it works fine.

Thanks,

Thank Post
    Bit late to the party but PRFs just won't work, they pointed me to the mail settings on my account and email. It worked first time so would just stick with that, all I used was my username,email address and password really.

Thank Post
    There must be a way to setup the PRF file but Atomwide would not help either. The settings are simple but when you try them, they dont work. I guess it is something to do with our school using aliases like myname@myschool.brough.sch.uk as the primary address and then having to authenticate using the nyname.000@lgflmail.org

The only way it works is when we do it manually and run the autoconfiguration.

If someone has the correct way to do it, please share.

Thank Post
    You need to simply add the profile...

Control Panel > Mail > Profiles.

Create a new one, put in the name, Joe Bloggs. email address jbloggs.123@lgflmail.org and then the password twice.
    It authenticates ok then you just click "OK" and load Outlook.

Done this across at least 50 schools in 3 boroughs and its not failed. If anything you can educate the user in adding their email address meaning they can go away and do it at home!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread