+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Licensing Questions Thread, Office 365 - iPad Apps for Staff licensing. in Technical; Originally Posted by drewp What was the outcome from Microsoft? If staff are already licenced under EES do they also ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    What was the outcome from Microsoft?

If staff are already licenced under EES do they also need to have the Office Pro Plus licence in Office 365 @ 1.70 per month?
    Yes this is what they were telling me. Told me the best bet was to get rid of EES Office completely and to move to O365 Subscriptions instead for staff.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So can anyone explain this to me simply.

I have an EES subscription and all my staff are on A2 and students on "Plan 1" Exchange online.

Does this mean nobody can use Office for iPad?

Image1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    So can anyone explain this to me simply.

I have an EES subscription and all my staff are on A2 and students on "Plan 1" Exchange online.

Does this mean nobody can use Office for iPad?

Image1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
    From my experience the A2 doesn't allow you to log into the Office iPAD app. We have the ProPlus (aka Student Advantage) licenses for students and it lets them log in fine. Staff with A2 for Faculty doesn't seem to allow them to access the iPAD app. Temporarily giving them ProPlus rectifies this.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    From my experience the A2 doesn't allow you to log into the Office iPAD app. We have the ProPlus (aka Student Advantage) licenses for students and it lets them log in fine. Staff with A2 for Faculty doesn't seem to allow them to access the iPAD app. Temporarily giving them ProPlus rectifies this.
    Yep confirmed A2 does not let them log into the Office App.

How do I get ProPlus? I only see options for Exchange online and A2

Thank Post
    First of all I don't know what the Exchange Online License entitles you to exactly. I can guess! But never used it myself.

However for the ProPlus...

You need to ask for it from whoever your reseller is that sorts out your licensing agreement. It's free and you just order a bulk lot to cover all your students. Then it will get added to your agreement and if you go on the Microsoft Volume Licensing site under Licenses > Relationship Summary > Agreement > Product Keys you'll find a key for O365 ProPlus Open for Student OSA.

Once you've got that key if you go to...

https://portal.microsoftonline.com/C...tKeyStart.aspx

On the right hand side is an option to sign in with your existing O365 Admin account and it will add the licenses to your O365 setup.

6. Thanks to Sam_Brown from:

zag (25th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There are also some interesting things that happen when a home device, logged in on an O365 account on the A2 plan, tries to buy the O365 home premium package so that at least they have the active iPad app at home (with the other benefits).
    If the purchase is made directly with MS through a family's personal LiveID then that is what it gets registered to. If purchased on the iPad it 'can' register it against the AppleID ... and if that is not associated with MS services at all then it is a pain to get it sorted.
    In the end I got a refund from Apple and went direct to MS.
    MS Education are looking into this as well and there will be advice around the whole area coming soon.

8. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Zoom7000 (25th April 2014)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've just spoken to our microsoft licensing provider and they have now enabled "Office 365 ProPlus for Students" for 1 year for all our students.

I'm going to test it out later to see if the Office Apps work under this license for a student.

I was told that for teachers we would have to purchase the A3 plan but its far too much money in my opinion, especially as its an ongoing cost.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I've just spoken to our microsoft licensing provider and they have now enabled "Office 365 ProPlus for Students" for 1 year for all our students.

I'm going to test it out later to see if the Office Apps work under this license for a student.

I was told that for teachers we would have to purchase the A3 plan but its far too much money in my opinion, especially as its an ongoing cost.
    You could get Pro Plus for Faculty instead of A3. It's cheaper but like you say still an ongoing cost and I'm not sure if it comes with all the features A3 does. Worth investigating.

Someone above pointed out that moving to O365 completely and not taking out any standard EES Office Licensing might be the way to go but not too sure how I feel about that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12