+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper - Bootable Offline Anti-Virus Scanner in Technical; Although similar to the Microsoft Safety Scanner which Synack posted about yesterday I thought this deserved its own thread. This ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,968 Posts

Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper - Bootable Offline Anti-Virus Scanner

Although similar to the Microsoft Safety Scanner which Synack posted about yesterday I thought this deserved its own thread.

This tool (currently in beta) enables you to create a bootable Windows PE-based anti-virus disc or USB flash drive which can scan a computer outside of Windows using the same virus definitions as Microsoft Security Essentials and ForeFront Endpoint Protection.

Some people may recognize System Sweeper from Microsoft's Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (a.k.a. DaRT) which is part of the Desktop Optimization Pack. This new version of System Sweeper looks like it will be included with MDOP 2012 once that is released later this year too.

Website / Download (32-bit / 64-bit)

Screenshots

Last edited by Arthur; 30th May 2011 at 11:23 PM.

2. 5 Thanks to Arthur:

jamesfed (30th May 2011), mmoseley (30th May 2011), RabbieBurns (6th June 2011), SimpleSi (11th June 2011), SYNACK (31st May 2011)

Thank Post
    Nice little tool there Microsoft! - for a long time I've been using normal Windows PE with a copy of the latest Microsoft Anti Malware release but this looks like it blows that totaly away.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I do login to connect every few days or so.. have a few cool things on at the moment this being one of them. I'm in the middle of posting a blog post regarding this.. but now you have beat me LOL! owell i only got half way through.. nice work Arthur

James.

Thank Post
    Used this for the first time yesterday - some self propagating virus had got onto a staff members machine, multiple runs of Malware Bytes and Sophos didn't get rid of it and then I thought....humm time to give this a go.

Took about 3hrs to run through the laptops hard drive and it chewed through every last bug on it

Result - one virus free PC and one teacher having a seeing to by the NM about having P2P software on the machine...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread