Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I pretty much followed the same info as @localzuk though I had to double check a few things to get it working.

Make sure you use "Run as Administrator" with SCUP 2011 or it will fail... (Even if you have Domain Admin rights!)

Posted (edited)
I pretty much followed the same info as @localzuk though I had to double check a few things to get it working.

Make sure you use "Run as Administrator" with SCUP 2011 or it will fail... (Even if you have Domain Admin rights!)

 

This is what was giving me the issue.

 

I have imported them and I can see them (see attached), what do I have to do for SCCM to see them. I have looked in SUP on SCCM for flash and can't see it (see attached)

 

Would I have to keep using SCUP when a new release has is available? Would they not just come right into SCCM?

 

Thanks

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by FN-GM
Posted

You will need to go into SCUP to check - it will show up in the Overview tree under Recent Alerts

 

You should see the Adobe Branch there once SCUP has published - IIRC @localzuk said this took a while..

Also, make sure you run a full Update Sync to get the updates down...

 

Have you run the ConfigMgr integration and made sure its working?

Posted

I didnt publish :doh:

 

I its a little annoying i have to use SCUP every time adobe release a new version of flash. Is there some way to automate it?

 

Thanks

Posted
Well what benefit would there be pushing it via software updates?

 

No need to do any special configuration each time, you just import the updated catalog and you're basically done?

Posted
No need to do any special configuration each time, you just import the updated catalog and you're basically done?

 

Hardly takes any time anyway to be honest.

  • 1 month later...
Posted
No need to do any special configuration each time, you just import the updated catalog and you're basically done?

 

Hardly takes any time anyway to be honest.

 

Do you still not need to deploy the update with SCCM or are you setting an ADR as well?

Posted
Do you still not need to deploy the update with SCCM or are you setting an ADR as well?

 

You cant setup an ADR you have to keep using SCUP to get them into SCCM.

Posted
So you have to publish the updates within SCUP and then deploy them in SCCM but you can't deploy them with an ADR in SCCM?

 

You can do an ADR but its not really automatic as you have to go into SCUP manually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...