Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ico2

Members
  • Posts

    68
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ico2

  1. Geoff: yeah, file doesnt recognise it as an iso (probably the fault of m$) Dont think it is a bad download or anything, most zip utilities will fail to extract all together if the zip file is damaged at all.
  2. ico2

    XGL

    I ran it until I tried to use xine and it was somewhat slow, having switched back, I really miss the cool effects and cubeness (ctrl-alt-down was actually useful)
  3. blame microsoft!!! maybe either isobuster will convert it or linux will mount it with "mount MSLNM.iso /somerandomdirectory/ -o loop -t iso9660 if you specify the type as iso9660, you may have more luck than without, perhaps it is readable but not detectable as an iso. if you can do that then mkisofs /somerandomdirectory/ -o newiso.iso now burn the iso and it might work. if all else fails run: while(true); do echo "your software sucks" | mail [email protected]; done
  4. well, its a cd image, even if nothing else sees it as one, buring it directly do a cd with cdrecord in linux (cdrecord dev=/dev/nameofcdwriter MSLNM.iso), problem seems to be non-standard iso (evil microsoft), hopefully windows can read it when on a cd even if nothing else notices it is an iso due to it being a wierd format.
  5. yeah, that isnt an iso file. just out of curiosity, run "strings -n 5 nameofiso.iso|head"
  6. Why am I such a muppet!!! <---- I put it down to genetics, seems to be in my case anyway.
  7. In linux (or unix) (if you have it, i assume you do if running k3b), use the file utility on it (open a terminal and run "file nameofiso.iso") paste the output here
  8. If it is just the one machine at each end, just make each the default DMZ machine for the router (seems to be the name of the option on my router anyway), then use the firewall on each machines to only allow the ip address of the other router to connect, then just give them an entry in /etc/hosts on the opposite machine, then simply treat them as normal. Or, if you only want authentication, just open the relevant port, probably better than the above. Of course the above method is really insecure, hackable in minutes perhaps, but still, easier than VPN. Also, not sure if /etc/hosts is right for macs, works in linux anyway. Some VPN systems support openssl encryption with good key strength, if the routers provide something, use that, otherwise try openVPN on the machines themselves Rereading what you said and what I just wrote, most of what I wrote is useless to you, posting it anyway incase it helps. ico2
  9. I suppose the real question is why?
  10. You will need to either have vnc running on all the desktops on the server, or run it locally on the clients, shouldnt be too hard to do.
  11. I find qemu better than vmware for such purposes, usually much easier to make stuff work, and speed is pretty similar.
  12. There is no reason, or even acceptable excuse for using windows XP :]
  13. ico2

    XGL

    Is kororaa the gpl violating one? I have nothing against them, clearly no evil intended by them, but still, people should know...
  14. ico2

    XGL

    Installed it a few weeks ago, ran ok, bit slow though. Maybe when I upgrade my machine...
×
×
  • Create New...