Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Roger

Members
  • Posts

    69
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Roger

  1. Chris Hi, is there an error code associated with the jam? If so try this link if you haven`t already Xerox Support
  2. Hi people, Thought I had better join the intros. Been using the site since it was launched, saved me lots of time. I work in Lancaster High Secondary school. I suspect I am probably the oldest user of the site,(unless you know different) have retired once from a company called Xerox after 30 yrs!! My wife who works in a school found me this job in 2000, said I was suffering from boredom!! school had an RM network then, soon broke that!! now on a pure Server2003 system for curric and Server2000 for admin, 5 Servers, 1 CleoCache box 250 XP clients 40+ Laptops. Have an MCSE (from way back in the late 90`s) Have the posh title of ICT Manager, as I look after Cross Curricular ICT also. Looking to recruit a Technician to help with the workload ASAP, when we can get the job spec etc sorted. Roger.
  3. We use `Undelete Server`software from Executive Software, gives you a recycle bin for any drive on the server, saves ages doing file restores from backup tapes for accidently deleted pupil files. Is widely used in industry, well worth the investment. Roger
  4. Just had a very good quote for 11 whiteboard systems and a hall screen/projector from the following company: The IT Support Centre Ltd Technology House Burntwood Staffordshire Their quote is around £3k cheaper than my other 2 usual suppliers, the saving are mainly on installation prices which includes mains spur to projector. £195 v £535. Anyone used this company before?? Ta Roger
  5. I have recently setup Disk Quotas for the pupils however the data does not refresh correctly. if a pupil is denied disk space because they have exceeded their limit and they delete files to recover the space, disc quotas are not updated. EG: if a user has 100Mb and exceeds limit, they delete say 20 MB the users quota is not updated in the list, I need to set their quota to 120MB to give 100Mb of disk space, is this how microsoft meant it to work?? Roger
  6. Geoff, Tis 2003 Server, there is obviously a difference hence your question !! Go on then educate me !! Ta, Roger
  7. Geoff, I get an error message when I try to add this template:- The following error occured in \\lancasterhigh.lancs.sch.uk\sysvol\lancasterhigh.lancs.sch.uk\Policies .... adm on line 19: Error 51 Unexpected keyword Found: CATEGOR Expected: CATEGORY The file cannot be loaded. I have double checked the text entry, CATEGORY is spelt correctly !! Have you used this template successfully? Ta, Roger
  8. Nick, we have 7 eMacs here, I had not used one for over 15 years and I soon found my way round !! The biggest problem you will have with OS 10 is learning how to set up the security, especially if you are connecting to the network. There is lots of info on the Apple site Roger
  9. Frazer - thanks, I use mandatory profiles here, but do not have the default user in netlogon. I know how to remove the address bar on a client, but to save time and effort was looking to do it via Group Policy Roger
  10. Yes Andy, that is my problem also !! I am using Lanview IAM from MST (my version stops Inet access from IE but you can bypass by typing a url into explorer address bar) a new version was made available but it has a problem with XP SP2) see Lanview website. Changing the client configuration to remove the address bar means I need to visit every client PC - thats why I asked the question.
  11. I need to remove the address toolbar from Windows Explorer / My Computer (Not IE) via Group Policy, I cannot find a setting in the XP SP2 policies? Has anyone created a custom one to perform this task? Roger
  12. DNS Server was on the last server to be re-booted, I had checked that its service was running ok, didn`t show anything in the event log to say that it had a problem, but you could be correct there Geoff - Ta , Roger
  13. I had a strange network problem this morning (why is always Monday, what happens over the weekends ??) We are currently running in Windows 2000 native mode on the curric net (2 X 2003 1x 2000 servers) as we still have some Win9xx clients. This morning any Win9xx client could log on ok but our Xp clients got the message `Domain not available` the problem was resolved by re-booting the operations master server, I did this one last! Event logs did not show anything out of the ordinary, bit of a mystery? Any ideas?? Roger
  14. Saw this job advert on Capita Website, Salary is good. ICT TECHNICIAN/MANAGER CONCORD COLLEGE, Acton Burnell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire. We are seeking to appoint an ICT Technician/Manager who will be responsible for the maintenance of computer equipment throughout the College to support academic and non-academic management and to promote the use of ICT across the College, with involvement in planning and development. There are currently c.150 pcs on three separate networks. The College uses Capita software for its academic and bursarial management and the successful candidate will need to have a working knowledge of Capita software and network management. The post will attract a salary of £25,000-£30,000 pa dependent on qualifications and experience. For further details and an application form please contact The Bursar, Concord College, Acton Burnell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 7PF. E-mail: [email protected]. Roger
  15. 60 just ! I must be the oldest IT person on the Forum, unless someone knows different?? Roger
  16. Hi Folks, anyone tell me were in office2003 template this setting is, I have not been able to find anything?? Ta, Roger
  17. Just bought 2 Xerox Phaser 6100 DN Colour Lasers Network Ready Etc. from Insight http://www.uk.insight.com Good Value @ £179 Roger
×
×
  • Create New...