Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

dalsoth

Members
  • Posts

    577
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dalsoth

  1. Maybe Eduperv's or EduPeek:D
  2. 1000 ish students 120 ish staff 300+ pc's 150+ laptops projectors in each room many servers etc.. Myself (the NM) and 1 full time tech I find i rarely have time to do anything other than techie repair tasks instead of managing the network. We have just had some consultancy work (network penetration testing, information risk assessments etc) done by a company working for the LEA and they were shocked at the lack of IT support staff for the size of the system and amount of users. They recommended in their report that we should have a an absolute minimum, 4 full time technicians (no chance ) They also stated that we should be looking at similar technical support staff levels as those in the admin department.... 15+ Makes you think.
  3. I tried it and had no luck but when i tried it on a few more sub folders and files it all came to life! Thanks! I have noticed your new package which looks great, now i am in two minds whether to install that one instead of the current older one im using I must like punishment.
  4. Thanks for the reply. I gave up with the county hosted attempt in the end and opted for CS New Media to host the site as they have had some good feedback on this website and also host these packages for other schools. I seem to have the same issue as before though with the slideshow not loading and coming up with the message in the grey box saying "loading slideshow image". Is this normal for a new installation? We asked CS New Media to set up Joomla for us so that we could get past these annoying permissions errors and still seem to be facing them. Are there supposed to be demo images in there on a new install or is it supposed to be like that? I looked at the jsn folder using my ftp client and could only find mod_jsn_imageshow_pro folder. All of the folders below this seemed to at least have 755 permissions. Was there somewhere else i was supposed to look? Thanks for the help.
  5. Thanks, would appreciate the feedback.
  6. I tested by sending mail from my school outlook client to 2 external web based mail accounts i use. One was hotmail, the other was googlemail. Neither saw any disclaimer.
  7. Hi guys, i searched for email disclaimers for exchange and found this thread. I downloaded the script kindly supplied in this thread and have had no luck getting it to work on our Exchange server. We are using Exchange 2003. I ran the script from a folder on the Exchange server and had the dos box appear and disappear quickly. After that i tested a few emails from outlook after restarting it and there was no sign of any disclaimer. Does the server need a reboot? I tried restarting a few exchange services just in case as it was early enough that no teachers were in school yet but had no joy when testing mail again. Any suggestions? I looked at part of the disclaim.bat file and it mentioned C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Scripts\EventSinkScript.vbs I checked and there was no Scripts folder in this location so i even created it and added the 4 files to it and ran it again from there with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as we have no funds to purchase additional software at the moment.
  8. Hi Guys, I have installed Joomla on our school site but the county only run win servers with IIS so they have set the mysql up on a windows server. This makes things a bit harder as i can not alter the permissions on files myself. As soon as i installed 1.53 i upgraded the site to 1.58 by uploading all of the new folders over the original. The only one i did not overwrite was templates as i saw someone mention that on here. Before and after the upgrade i am unable to get the slideshow to work. I am new to joomla and the menu's are slightly confusing and all over the place and i can not for the life of me work out where settings are for it. All i get is a grey box with a static loading bar saying "loading slideshow image". Flash works on my machine fine and i have tested other machines and they see the same. I know i need to alter the configuration.php file permissions as i get the following error when i try to change any settings in global config. An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write! Is there a guide to what i have set for this file? 777 etc? and if this is the wrong setting is there likely to be another one causing the slideshow to fail? anyone got any suggestions here as i'm going to be a pain if i keep going back to my tech guy at county asking for individual files to be changed all the time. I did do a number of searches on here for slideshow probs but came up with nothing similar. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
  9. Seems good so far although it seems to have eaten my AWN dock which aint showing no more but i installed it using ultamatix so i guess i am paying the price.
×
×
  • Create New...