Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. NETWORK MANAGER IT - Barlby High School display advert
  2. Senior Network Manager, Derby High School - JobsNow.co.uk
  3. Waldegrave School for Girls : IT Network Manager IT Network Manager
  4. I tend to keep my server names simple, examples: XXX-DC01, XXX-MAIL01, XXX-SQL01, XXX-FILE01.............you get the picture!
  5. I use File Resource Manager in 2003 R2 to stop .exe and all .mp3...........works really well, I also setup Email Notification of when someone "trys" to put a exe or mp3 in there user area.
  6. I had a problem with Roaming Profiles the other day.............permission problems.
  7. Just find a Toshiba Vista OEM disk from ebay and do that, cheaper Toshiba laptops will come with the Recovery DVD's and Toshiba OS OEM Disk.
  8. I'll take alook through my paper work tomorrow and let you know. I just did my request form and sent it direct back to Synetrix.................they took there time doing a simple request though!!!!!
  9. Wack the latest HP firmware's on them, i had a switch a few weeks back which didnt wanna play ball at all, upgraded the firmware and boom all started working, think it was a HP ProCurve 2610-48
  10. I got a HTC HD2 a few weeks ago...........got my work emailing working on it through Exchange and then got my personal going through exchange but use it as POP on phone.
  11. I filled one of these out a few weeks ago for some port changes........i'll see if I have a copy of my request form
  12. I'll PM you in a bit.
  13. I hope you get it chap. Good Luck
  14. I complain to round here?
  15. Where you off to next chap, anywhere good?
  16. why is this post TEMP?
  17. Looks like BECTA is going
  18. Its all good news if u ask me
  19. Jobs @ Jobsite: College ICT Manager
  20. reed.co.uk - Job Details: Network Manager
  21. £280m Sutton secondary schools funding under threat (From Sutton Guardian)
  22. £280m Sutton secondary schools funding under threat (From Sutton Guardian)
  23. Hi Guys, Another thing on my hit list to look at is Desktop redirection.......... Here we have staff with desktop redirection, i've noticed some users can place there OWN files on there desktops which is fine and then theres others who cannot write to the desktop, I want to have the shared desktop item and for them to place there own.................i've checked 2 accounts one which can write to the desktop and the other user who cant...............I cannot see any difference in accounts\permissions at all!!
  24. think i've fixed it now, lost the M$ KB article, will find and post up for ref
  25. I've been in IT since 2003 (Aged 18)..................2010 now.....things have changed!
×
×
  • Create New...