Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Out_of_Sync

Members
  • Posts

    63
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Out_of_Sync

  1. Ok so have now plugged in a notebook with wireshark, captured the data... Now sifting through it all trying to make sense of what is what. And I did find a loop back. Corrected that and ran wireshark again to check. Seems to be normal traffic only.
  2. Well I do have one Samsung and two HP printers.
  3. Thanks for the replies. I did have a loop back problem when I added the patch leads, might have over looked one. I will also give Wireshark a try.
  4. Hi, We have just finished networking a few buildings. All rooms in the buildings connect to a HP Procurve 2510G-24 with CAT6. From the HP Procurve they connect the the main HP Procurve switch via fiber. All the machine are XP SP3 and have static network configs. As soon as I connect the switches from the buildings , the network gets flooded by DHCP data triaffic. Which I was able to get from the proxy server, all connection on ports 67 and 68. This slows down the complete network, so that none of the computer in the labs can log on to the server. On the my graphs I can see the traffic on that interface going up to 6-7 MB/s I have a Windows 2008 R2 server and Windows 2003 SP2, the 2k3 server is the PDC. Any ideas ?
  5. I actually enjoyed Unthinkable. Still need to watch Ghost Writer.
  6. I use Geexbox. Works great for me.
  7. I think a forum is better, then I can always search for info. Whereas the irc is instant help(maybe) it can't be searched.
  8. I Just upgraded yesterday from 9.10 with the alternate cd. Ran all updates last night. Using KDE , looks good, just a bit laggy on this old 2.8 P4with 2 GB RAM. Shoud perhaps change to the dual core 2.8 2GB RAM and install a graphics card. Otherwise all seems to be fine, just had to update firefox. no problems at all with the upgrade.
  9. Then I am glad I moved away from AVG Free. Thanks Dan, the forum has been very helpful
  10. I run Antivir Professional on machines here, and Malwarebytes for selected users. Works quite well.
  11. Oi, I lurk around daily with Firefox 3.5 on Linux!
×
×
  • Create New...