-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Would you like some bees?
-
I have got the tier 3 extra bees machines now. So I've removed the harmful effects from my demonic, jungle and ender bees. You can walk near my apiaries without fear of poisoning, fire, explosions, lightning, meteors or death. Also if anyone wants a particular type of bee, I can probably accommodate (within reason).
-
The Online Player Detector block. I attach them to my liquid tesseracts that pump lava around. This allows my main power production for my quarry to stop gracefully (I think it's about 10-15minutes after I log off). They also instantly cut the extra EU generation by turning off my nuclear reactor. They also cut the power to my cow, chicken, peat, tree and wheat farms (via power tesseracts). Additionally my farms are controlled by AE level emitters, so even if I am online they will not run unless there is a resource shortage. In the bee department, they are hooked up to my atarctic gates, so they do not pull items out of the apiaries/alveries unless I'm online (I need to finish these off and fully automate them with AE, however I need to use alveries for that). You can just go and look at my setup if you want to check how the nuts and bolts of this fits together. Or ask me when I'm online next.
-
Chunk Loaders contribute to server memory usage, not lag.
-
I have player detector blocks attached to everything. If I'm not online, my machinery stops.
-
Server is lagging again.
-
Yes, BT willl let anyone do this. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/ductandpolesharing/ductandpolesharing/ductandpolesharing.do Virigin doesn't let BT at it's ducts though. Ofcom UK Shuns BT Demand for Virgin Media to Open its Broadband Cable Ducts − ISPreview UK News
-
Well yes, economies of scale say if they pool together with other Lancashire councils they are all going to save a bit of cash. The logical conclusion is that this sort of infrastructure provisioning should be done at County level though isn't it?
-
My Fiesta is on classic car insurance.
-
Blackpool is a unitary authority (Blackburn is too IIRC) and not part of the wider Lancashire County County which CLEO covers, so no.
-
I've had ford escorts/fiestas. Currently running around in a '96 Ford Fiesta. Mantainance is low, it's boring obvious stuff like rubber hoses, tyres and lamp bulbs.
-
@localzuk The server was lagging for me last night. :/
-
Universal Media Server
-
My Applied Energistics system is running so I can auto craft/sort/smelt etc. I'm in the process of converting from Thermal Expansion/Buildcraft machines to IC2/Gregtech. I've replaced most of my power production already. I now have thermal generators instead of magmamtic engines and a still and bio generators instead of biogas engines. I also have a nuclear reactor. I solved my wood problem, I burnt it all in a railcraft steam boiler.
-
Conveyor belt is working, MFR chicken farm is working too. I also had a bit of a breakthrough in the EU generation department. I built an MFR fisher and with the resulting fish threw them in the IC2 Gregtech Centrifuge. This produces methane which can be burnt in the gas turbine for 45k/can (32 fish). I can also store energy as fish this way. I'm tempted to call it a fishing reactor.
-
I just got FTTC laid outside my house as BT dug the street up.
-
I'm going to make some improvements to the grinder section, I want to have a conveyor belt. I also need to put sewer grates in the floor and a sludge boiler added to process it. I am going to go the Applied Energetics route for most of my storage.. I will check out the deep storage. It might help with my wood 'problem' in the medium term.
-
MFR Cow farm now operational!
-
I'm farming villagers at my base for emeralds and mystcraft pages. feel free to come trade. Also kill the ones with bad trades. I recommend a grav gun and a jet pack. If you personally murder them the iron golem gets angry.
-
Yeah, I'd just keep building boilers until the blaze spawner can't keep up.
-
Use a closed applied energetics network with a level emitter. It will toggle a redstone signal based on the number of items in the storage network. Thereby only turning on your spawner(s) when you need to. Also the server will lag less. \o/
-
Why do you have so many spare?
-
Moodle - how do you flush a table? And CPD
Geoff replied to tj2419's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Yeah, whatever you use to run SQL. I use dbforge Studio Express and PHPMyAdmin personally but whatever you are comfortable with. TRUNCATE removes the data from a table where as DROP removes the structure too.
