Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Yeah CP is capped by your level. If you do the lucky egg + evolve trick then you can zoom ahead on levels. But why rush?
  2. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/22/pokemon-go-state-department-reporter
  3. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Blame Japan. It's 6pm in Tokyo at the moment.
  4. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Pokemon go was super stable yesterday. I'm hoping they have a handle on the server issues now.
  5. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    You don't know Niantic very well!
  6. Icy Veins have updated class guides for 7.0.3 / Legion. So they apply to the pre-patch. According to that, your rotation isn't quite right. Survival Hunter DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities (Legion 7.0.3) - Icy Veins I was having great fun on my Outlaw rogue last night
  7. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Keep an eye on their twitter.
  8. That's exactly how it works in Legion.
  9. Well I recall they tweaked 1-20 so it wasn't one hit kills on all the mobs. They mentioned they would be changing it so that you did not out level a zone. e.g. everything scaled with your level. So you could finish a zones story. The tech that makes the scaling work is in Legion Beta for the Lost Isles zones (you can do zones in any order at any level and the mobs will be equal to you). I was just wondering if this is appearing in the pre-patch as it would mean I could play through the zones I like on my alts without worrying about out-levelling the zone.
  10. Do we know if they are tinkering with the levelling experience any more in this patch? I have some low level toons.
  11. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Server stabliity continues to improve. I managed to play until about 10:30pm last night before I started hitting login issues. Freezing when catching pokemon is still happening too though.
  12. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    This is just the initial release. Live battles between trainers. Pokemon trading. Scoreboards. etc are all on the roadmap.
  13. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Yeah the tracker is broken. Also if you keep getting stuck capturing pokemons. Wait until the loading pokeball stops spinning before you attempt a capture. That seems to make it more reliable.
  14. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    CP level of captured pokemon is linked to your level. I would not worry too much about powering up your pokemon until level 20+. It's a inefficient use of candy.
  15. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    I'm at 16.
  16. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Mornings / Lunchtime are your best bet. Hopefully we'll see server stability improve over the week.
  17. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    The pokemon animations are irrelevant to dodging. Swipe when the screen flashes yellow.
  18. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    I just took out a gym that contained a 600CP and a 900CP pokemon using two ~250CP pokemon. I matched the ability types so I was strong against them and executing my dodging properly. I took no damage.
  19. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    That is the app powersaving option.
  20. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    The town where I live has multiple pokestops at the market. One was lured already so I walked down there and lured the other two. Quite a lot of trainers turned up soon after!
  21. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    This reddit thread has all the tips (including dodging).
  22. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    IGN interview with Niantic CEO reveals plan for Bi-Weekly updates Pokemon Go to Receive Bi-Weekly Updates - IGN
  23. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Get some friends to come and help you take the gym. Much like Ingress it's easier working as a group.
  24. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    *blames Brexit*
  25. Geoff

    Pokémon: GO

    Today's Washington Post
×
×
  • Create New...