Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

JBE

Members
  • Posts

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JBE

  1. Fixed it with these instructions: Join Active Directory in OS X Lion - ITSCWiki
  2. Still interesting problems with this thing: I managed to get back in as above. Took it back off the domain or unbind. Then re-joined it back to the domain. I get the green light saying that it's connected in th network preferences, apple server sees my AD. When I log off or re-boot, still the red light and no network connections available. Does anyone have any ideas on what might wrong?
  3. Thanks For the info on the console command.
  4. Hi, Tried that, did not work. I've just managed to get in on the guest account after enabling it in the terminal. Not sue what is going on. PW is correct.At least I'm in!
  5. Hi, Not sure if you can help as I fear I have to re-build. I have been locked out of a mac mini server, this machine was being used on a Windows domain under the main domain admin account. It had a problem where it lost the domain settings so all pre-setup configurations and setups were not accessible through the local log on admin. After re-joining the mac back on to the domain, ( with the local admin account) it seemed to pick up AD etc. However, after re-boot it is stuck in the log on screen with the red dot and message " network accounts are unavailable" There is now no option to log on locally, so effectively I'm totally locked out. I have booted the mac mini in to recovery mode and changed the local password though the shell terminal, but it has not changed anything. All ability to log on locally has gone. There is also no time machine backup. Apart from wiping the mac clean and starting again ( Something I really don't want to do as it has a WebDAV server on it and also apple configurator settings) is there anything else that can be done maybe in shell command to get the machine to log back on locally? Any help would be much appreciated.
  6. Hi, Hope you can help. Hap is installed and running, my test users can also log in and use it. A problem we are coming across is that if we download a file, edit it, then re-load it back to HAP and then try and open it, there is a message, " the file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents, details: the file is corrupt and cannot be opened " MS word can recover the document and it does save the changes, but of course this message is a problem. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  7. Hi, I am not sure if I have put this in the correct forum? We are a private school who have recently set up a marketing department to with the goal of attracting more students to the school. The head of marketing wants to put in place a CRM database that also has location functionality so we can target certain areas of the country. Do any of you use a database for this king of exercise? Was this something you designed in house, or did you buy in a solution? If so what are you using and how do you rate it? Thanks in advance.
  8. It's all OK Now. I have sorted it, I over egged the permissions in the registry. Changed them to how they should have been and hey presto! Thanks again Nick.
  9. I performed a serve restart, but alas still the same error.
  10. Hi Nick, Thanks for all the help so far. It's actually Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 Installed So, today. I completely started again following instructions and I get three ticks. However, when trying to save anything, I was getting the same error again, so I added permissions for HAP in the registry folder and I now get a different message when trying to save anything, which is: I am just about to re-boot the server, but don't hold any hope. I'm sure it can't be this hard to get this configured.
  11. I was on this to late last night, but still problems: Searching the forum, I thought that it could be a permissions issue, and had in error changed permissions and locked myself out of the hap folder, After regaining permissions, I re-installed Hap as per the documentation for IIs7 However, am now getting the red cross under services activated, I am using this as HTTPS. If I go to: https://localhost/HAP/api/setup I get this error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information Module CustomErrorModule Notification SendResponse Handler System.ServiceModel.Activation.AspNetRouteServiceHttpHandler Error Code 0x800700b7 Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'mimeMap' with unique key attribute 'fileExtension' set to '.mp4' Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap\web.config Requested URL https://localhost:443/HAP/api/setup Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap\api\setup Logon Method Anonymous Logon User Anonymous Config Source 212: 213: 214: Any Help would be great
  12. Hi, I am hoping for some help. As from yesterday, I have working webpage and the check list is all ticked on the welcome page. However, when I try and set anything up and save it. I am getting an error message. I thought that it might be permissions, but they all seem to as instructions. Can you help. here is the error that appears at the top of the browser: A Error has occured: Error Saving the Configuration The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. Inaccessible logs: Security. at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate) at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source) at HAP.Web.Setup.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e
  13. That has done the trick. We now have a working webpage. Thanks very much for your help
  14. Hi, Thanks for the info. unfortunately this has not worked. I now get this in the browser: Can you help? Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.doUpgrade(Version version) +9721 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig..ctor() +654 HAP.Web.Configuration.hapConfig.get_Current() +135 HAP.Web.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12949749 System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175 System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304 System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404 System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475 [HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12966756 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12806561 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408
  15. Hi, I am trying to get a test version of HAP 9.0 (Wednesday version) running on a test server Windows 2008 using IIS 7. I have managed to get HAP to run on the server. However, the screen does not show correctly. None of the picture formatting is showing on the webpage. I have spent ages checking permissions and settings against the setup instructions, but am at a loss. It's almost as though the browser is missing something like flash, but it's the same when using chrome, so am at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers
  16. Thanks TromXPAll solved now and working
  17. Hi, Has anyone had this problem before? I have been tasked with updating Earnie 1.20.60 to 1.20.63 There were no instucations given with the update, but it looked like there is a client and server version of this sofware, so I extracted the files to the network share that hosts this software, then after this, ran the client install, this completed without error. However, the sofware does not launch, there are no error codes or messages, nothing laucnhes and the event log says nothing. Can anyone help?
  18. Hi, Same issue here. We too are using Lightspeed Filtering and it seemed to stop working after updating to version 2.6 There are two machines that bypass the filtering system and these seem to be fine. I have tried the normal steps of updating sound drivers, clearing cache etc to no avail. Google Chrome was a fix yesterday. Today its not working in Chrome, so at present I have no fix. Any ideas?
×
×
  • Create New...