Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bloxy

Members
  • Posts

    106
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bloxy

  1. I have managed to cultivate a quite convincing red nose by sneezing and blowing it all night. My daughter is 9 and very dischuffed that her school were doign nothing but a cake sale...she's doing a petition next year she said. My son is in year 7 and him and his friend went to the year head and asked if it was ok if they wore pyjamas - three of them, so he did. Also had to ice cakes and stick cherries on. They went into school smiling
  2. I support 11 primary schools through the week and only one of them has an electronic helpdesk, the rest have books or folders that the staff write issues in, or don't usually, and then grab me on the way through the school and get me to fix stuff spontaniously. I find it works because that is what they are used to, an electronic helpdesk would be good but teachers would still have to remember to put stuff on it. I would still have "Oh, just the man, I haven't written it in the book but could you just...."
  3. Born in 68, feel very old this afternoon and the farting is most offputting
  4. I will try to get there, would be good
  5. On the desk, which isn't mine as I support 11 primary schools so fit in where I can, is Scanner Almost empty reel of blank cds Switch Speakers Network cable (coiled upopened) Printer Laptop My laptop Usb external Hdd Usb hdd reader Sata drive empty mug coffee set of screwdrivers lots of screws cds lots of various cables, power supplies etc a lot of religoius books and fairytale books stacked at the end box full of random school equipment - told you it wasn't my desk...
  6. If it goes straight into the virgin modem you will need the driver on the machine. Which you won't need at school because you are just plugging it straight into the network
  7. bloxy

    Tony Hart Dies

    RIP Tony, Very sad always wanted to get a picture on the gallery
  8. Just like to say it was good to meet people on the stand yesterday and put some names to faces see you on the forums cheers
  9. I'll be there on Thursday
  10. Bought my other half tickets to see Pink. and jewlery, to be honest it's a nightmare choosing. The dvd she wanted she watched yesterday and said it was rubbish....bought it two weeks ago...oh joy...
  11. going to see the Pogues tonight ...
  12. Well done sir
  13. Good luck, I passed second time around but only five years ago, late starter, I'm 40 now. On my test I passed I made a mistake and said sorry I know I shouldn't have done that, the examiner passed me and I think partly it was because I aknowledged the mistake. But you won't make any mistakes, will cruise through nicely and do really well. Think positive cheers Adrian
  14. That makes scary reading. I have just installed Ubuntu onto a laptop at home and when my children want to use a computer for their homework or surf or whatever they now use that, I think that it's important for my children to know that computers don't start and end with microsoft and indeed mac. I think they should try everything, they both just use either the ubuntu machine or my windows desktop, they don't seem to have any preferences. cheers Adrian
  15. bloxy

    Speakers & Amp

    I've used Matrix for a few of my schools now, not the cheapest but will do what you want and do it well, I'd recommend them Matrix Displays hope that's helpful
  16. Try Recuva Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File Recovery - Home it's free and did the job for us the other week
×
×
  • Create New...