Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

techguy1991

Members
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by techguy1991

  1. Thanks for the links Marci i will have a look
  2. Cheers Quackers, we do have Ruckus APs
  3. Cheers had a look at that, do you know if it has Terminal Service support???
  4. Hi guys, I am a network manager with a work iPad. I am currently using it to check our helpdesk, emails & spiceworks, I mainly use it when I am offsite but want to use it more on site. Is there any apps that you can recommend for daily ICT technical support? Apart from spiceworks app and of course the edugeek app that I'm using now Cheers guys, Lewis
  5. Hi Everyone we are having issues with our smartboard's Smartink. Smartink is set via GPO to run at user login – and doesn’t, I’ve had limited success with adding Smartink.exe to the startup items in the registry. I have seen some machines where the process starts but there is also SMARTInk-SBSDKProxy.exe and SMARTInkPriviledgedAccess.exe running at the same time, but nothing showing that the user can interact with. I’ve not been able to find what the SBSDKProxy does, every search I’ve done online just gives me loads of sites saying that it’s part of SMART and not a threat. If anyone could help would be grateful. Regards, Lewis
  6. Unfortunately we only have few with nic besides I would like to get them to do it it is their projector to look after.
  7. hahaha very true
  8. Hi, I’m having great trouble in trying to encourage teachers to turn off their projectors. The way I see it is the longer they are left on the less they have on their life of the bulb. When you think about it added 2hrs 5 times a week adds to a lot of wasted hours and as we all know projector bulbs are not cheap. Does anyone work in a school that does get their teachers to turn off projectors when they are not in use? If so can you tell me how you managed to do it, do you have penalties to recurring offenders?
×
×
  • Create New...