Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Get2theChoppa

Members
  • Posts

    43
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Get2theChoppa

  1. Steve!....Many thanks for the advice!... How are you getting your adsense to display on the post?
  2. what are the pros/ cons from running it from server? and also what are the licensing implications?
  3. Im in the process of setting up my first server 2008... I have a question... Do I install the MS office on the server and then run the shortcut via folder redirection from the server? or Do I install the MS office locally on each pc? and have the shortcut from the folder redirection pointing to the MS office installed on the c drive? If someone can shed some light on this?....ermmm... if you are awake at 1.00am? Many Thanks
  4. download trixbox onto a i3 / i5 pc or a hp proliant server...additional cost will be purchasing additional lines coming in (from your provider..bt or virgin), relevant digital interace card to install in server and the VOIP activated phones....dependant upon your backbone, allow IPT traffic and rocking and rolling! You would do it all in-house?
  5. We have single pc's in each classtroom / teaching staff also have laptops / some staff have ipads / iphones..... Want to streamline this so we have one generic device so we can support it. We have some surplus and I need some advice on what to buy for staff, which will last 3-4 years?
  6. faulty battery? battery drained? and dc not charging battery? could be faulty memory (but laptop will switch on...but blank screen) unplug battery and try power cord?..... worst case scenario motherboard dead as a dodo?
  7. I agree with Michael, Windows update resolved our graphics card issue.
  8. Morning all! I have been given the task to investigate appropriate plagiarism software! Can anyone offer recommendations? Many Thanks
  9. could run sims off any decent spec dell servers...xeon processors preferably...for £150-£200 each you can pick up two refurb servers use keep one for spares and implement server 2008 r2 on one. works a treat. Or I have also been told that you can run sims on a virtual server?... but you will need to clarify that with the capita techys before you start buying any servers and license?
  10. Mr Xirrus I know this thread is like few years old now.... but we might be calling on your expertise to help us get rid of our crappy wireless network running on DLINK hardware
  11. Right, Thank you all for taking time to view my post! Major thanks to SYNACK!... the solution worked Would send you all a box of chocies and a xmas card!... but since we r all anon... I will eat them on your behalf! and donate some money to my local salvation army branch! and hopefully I dont get any more of these technical problems!
  12. I have just inserted a win server 2008 r2 disk, enabled the ATA config in the bios and can see the new 500 gb sata hdd, But i dont want to install 2008 r2 SYNACK - I will try your solution Had others issues earlier.... Updated all following bios / firmware, after RAID started displaying the hard drives as foreign. Dell Poweredge 1950 with Perc 5i keeps losing raid config -> "Foreign Configuration Found" - Server Fault
  13. configured raid - still cant see hard drive(s) used a usb floppy drive to load raid controller driver - still no luck disconnected the backpane (which links into the onboard raid card) - still cant see hard drives re-connected original drives SCSI (SAS) still cant see these hard drives Im going now to fetch my sledgehammer!
  14. SYNACk...im sure i tried that at 4am?.. lol:sleep: but will try it again
  15. existing hard drive SCSI 2 x 73gb new hard drive SATA x 2 I have tried combination of 1 and 2. Bios is seeing the hard drives. ermmm SYNACK... i dont understand your question?!.... now when I have re-inserted orginal SCSI hard drives and tried to install os i cant see the hdd's?... although system boots up to the windows login screen?
  16. Hi All, First post on here! Im having issues with a dell poweredge 1950 Installed a SATA hard drive, trying to install win server 2003 r2. Not picking up the hard drives?.... tried all dell help forums.... tried all types of RAID drivers... still no joy! can anyone help# im at the end of my tether here and...and YES im working over the weekend!
  17. tmp word files are related to how you have ms setup and installed on server / pcs/ laptops?.... we had same issue...bt seems to have sorted itself now, after we carried out a full install of office on each pc and then re-pasted the shortcut back into the desktop redirected folder.
  18. have you tried technical support? and asked why this is happening... do you have a support package with FROG?
×
×
  • Create New...