dastrix
Members-
Posts
316 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dastrix
-
I seem to be getting a invalid user / pass when doing a auth check from the ruckus to the smoothwall. I am correct in saying that i should have put the ruckus details into Authorized RADIUS clients and then added the smoothwall into aaa servers on the ruckus zd.
-
So if i stop using the NPS server, how do i get the wifi to apply to domain connected laptops automatically and with the username in Ruckus and or smoothwall?
-
Ok Thanks ill give it a try.
-
I have ruckus talking to NPS to enable auto wifi config and cert etc, what i want to do is get the username for the device in smoothwall, we use our own dhcp servers and the ruckus is in its own vlan yeah. I did put a ticket into smoothwall but no response as yet. hence why i have tried here.
-
UTM 1000
-
no one really
-
Looking to create our own web hosting server onsite, but with the same feel as a web host would offer, so that kids can see cpanel etc Does anyone know how the web hosts do it, so we can try and emulate something.
-
Hi All, We currently have all 3 and at the moment users login to a captive portal on the ruckus which then talks to microsoft nps and they download a key to install this then ties there device to a username in the ruckus web gui. What we want to do is also get this info into the smoothwall instead of the device only showing up as a IP address, i believe some of you have done this and if so what do i need to configure? Cheers
-
So who won the raffle or is it drawn after bett.
-
Hi All Very brief question really looking to deploy RDS and really struggling to figure out whether i should go for session based or VDI, my thinking is if we go for VDI the footprint will be quiet heavy on disk space? Does anyone use VDI? and or Session based? Regards Das
-
Dastrix - Thursday
-
I'll join I don't play that much as I got annoyed with all the problems.
-
I guess I'm lucky that mine didn't update
-
working for me
-
Hi So here goes we have a NPS Server talking to Ruckus Zonedirector and giving domain laptops the wireless connection automagically via a machine group. However i want to do the same for non windows devices how do i go about this? I have created a connection request policy, and network policy and moved them to the top, however this then breaks the domain laptops getting there auto config. Is there a way of dealing with both? Cheers in advance
-
Google Apps and Chromebook Awkward Questions
dastrix replied to dcwhitworth's topic in Cloud Services
Hi Rick If you want Google to work you have to take your network hat off, and realise that change is needed. We run both Windows network and the Google side by side however most departments are not trying to use the Google stuff and are finding to a lot easier. Collaboration is second to nothing, chromebooks do just work, only issues we have had are broken screens. Any questions feel free. -
Good luck with that we have an open ticket for nearly a year now, useless.
-
We decided to pay for the pc, and as for smart software that needs to disappear. Although some of the software imports notebook files.
-
Prowise is the best we found software wise, and we started rolling out this summer.
-
TES login failure on IE11 on one laptop
dastrix replied to Andie's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
secure-uk.imrworldwide.com i had to whitelist this for it to work, cant see it working in your case but give it a try. -
TES login failure on IE11 on one laptop
dastrix replied to Andie's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Are you using smoothwall by any chance we had this last year and I'm sure the article to fix it was on here let me try and dig it out -
does than mean you need a fireteam too
-
Hi All I have destiny my friends are useless at ever being online, has anyone got an active clan that is willing to take another member? also have fifa 15
-
I need people to play destiny with anyone interested in a clan?
-
Hi All Seems to have developed a problem with https traffic on Windows 7 machines running ie11, machine just sits and smoothwall doesnt even detect the traffic moving through it. Any Ideas>?
